Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Consumer Reports - vacuums

Cas
    How much credence do you put in it?
    The reason I ask is our vacuum broke today. I can go ahead and buy the part for it but we're really not all that happy with it although it is a HEPA, bagless and has a triple filtration system.
    We've pretty much decided to get a new one so we checked out Consumer Reports. We were considering a Dyson but according to the reports, it's like 5th or 6th on the list. Believe it or not, a Sears Kenmore is ranked #1 and they also have another ranked #3. We've also looked into the new Infiniti bagless/HEPA but apparently it's too new to have been tested. It is the only system that has 24 cyclones that never clog, and never loses suction.
    Anyone have one of the Infiniti vacuums?

Racey
    F dyson, $600 bucks for a gotdamn house vacuum is totally ridiculous to me. they might be badass, but it's still just a friggin house vac.

Cas
    F dyson, $600 bucks for a gotdamn house vacuum is totally ridiculous to me. they might be badass, but it's still just a friggin house vac.
    I agree but they're now down to about $329.00 but the Infiniti, for the pet vac, is on sale locally for $215.00.

Trailer Park Casanova
    You can get a Dyson at COSTCO.
    -------------
    I get the Frys name brand specials.
    Usually $35 to $40.
    Bag-less, belt-less,, Eureka has teriffic parts availability, not that you'll need it.
    They last and last.
    Ya have to empty the cup more often than the Dyson, but the price is less than the sales tax on the Dyson.
    The Dyson is awesome though.

DJ Sound Technique
    The Dyson is bad ass, we have had one for years... Got it off ebay for $200

RitcheyRch
    I like my Rainbow. Have had it for 15 years.

Tremor Girl
    If you have pets, the Dyson DC-14 ROCKS!! The fact that it's bagless is awesome. I vacuum and empty the canister so next time I vacuum, there's no stinky dog smell.
    We had a really expensive vacuum before and my friend brought over her Dyson to show us how well it worked. I vacuumed the room with my vacuum first then she went over it with her Dyson. SO GROSS. I could not believe how 2 people and 1 dog could create so much dirt. YUCK.
    If the Dyson was $1,000., I'd buy it again! JMHO

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    What happened to the old school electrolux

Trailer Park Casanova
    If you have pets, the Dyson DC-14 ROCKS!! The fact that it's bagless is awesome. I vacuum and empty the canister so next time I vacuum, there's no stinky dog smell.
    We had a really expensive vacuum before and my friend brought over her Dyson to show us how well it worked. I vacuumed the room with my vacuum first then she went over it with her Dyson. SO GROSS. I could not believe how 2 people and 1 dog could create so much dirt. YUCK.
    If the Dyson was $1,000., I'd buy it again! JMHO
    I had one at the office at work.
    I agree,, it is something else.

edog_103
    I love the Dyson. We've used it to clean up remodel work at the office. Consumer Reports. I take what they say with a grain of salt.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast