Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Consumer Reports - vacuums

Cas
    What happened to the old school electrolux
    actually, we still have one.....probably the best vacuum ever made!
    Our neighbor just got a Dyson for Christmas, said she'll let us give it a try. For now, we've got Kirby back in action

Trailer Park Casanova
    As Far as Consumer reports goes:
    The biggest POS mini van ever built was the Mazda MPV.
    Probably the worst Japan built vehicle ever.
    I'll stick my neck out and put it with the Yugo for quality.
    CR gave it a recomended best buy and great reviews year after year until a ABC new report linked Mazda to payola to major publications for good reviews.
    CR finally retracted the endorsement under pressure from it's readers. Look it up, the long time auto test editor resigned his position too.
    Then:
    CR panned the Isuzu rodeo, they hated and murdered it.
    But as the Consumer Reports issue hit the stands, Honda had enough confidence in it to put their name on it.
    The exact Isuzu Rodeo that CR panned.
    We bought one, probably the best vehicle we've ever owned.
    I don't trust CR.
    It's run by broken hearted hippies.

Jbb
    I don't trust CR.
    It's run by broken hearted hippies.
    What a coincidence .........Tom Brown is a broken hearted commie hippy....

HMF'er
    I have an online subscription to CR and I use it before buying expensive things. It helped me pick out my plasma TV and some other electronic gadgets. I think I made a good choice after reading CR reviews.
    Regarding the vacuum cleaners - I have a POS Dirt Devil or something like that, cost about $75 about 5 years ago. The wife was begging for a new one saying ours didn't suck (worthless in this case). My parents just bought a Dyson and I vacuumed my carpet with my POS, then immediately used the Dyson to see if it picked up anything mine missed - nothing, no difference. So to me, the Dyson looks fancy, but I'll save my money, and maybe buy my wife another POS if she keeps asking.

Mandelon
    My wife loves her Dyson.

bonesfab
    The dyson is the chit. I am amazed everytime I use it how much stuff comes up. Theres only 3 people and a dog in the house but it is amazing how much crap comes out of the carpet. When we first got it, vacuumed with the old vac, then went over it with dyson and still filled up the bin. I am sold...

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    actually, we still have one.....probably the best vacuum ever made!
    My parents still have thiers!!! They have owned that thing since 1983 and it still works!!!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    you could get a bargin basement trailer park trash ho for $50 and i'll bet she'd suck every piece of lint from your house !!
    I guess that you know this by experience

SmokinLowriderSS
    If I ever own another HEPA-filtered bagless POS again, it'll be the only thing in the marketplace. Have had great use out of Dirt Devil's over the years, except the current bagless one. Time to change the damn filter cartridge again. It keeps clogging up the suction line coming out of the beater head. :devil:
    Guess I should start using the Kirby I got from grandma's "estate" after her demise last spring.:idea: Heck, I even have the shampooer attatchment.

HammerDown
    Electrolux...say no more, except...suck-suck

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast