Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OVERTON BEACH MARINA To CLOSE

Not So Fast
    Overton Beach Marina on Lake Mead will be closing due to low water levels and expiration of contract. The National Park Service has begun notifying boaters and nearby RV park of the closure.
    NSF

lewiville
    i cant find anything on that

Not So Fast
    i cant find anything on that
    It was in Todays News Herald but that dont mean its true I guess:idea: Said they were moving some of the boat slips to other marinas. Approx 70 families who have made the park thier home or vacation spot will be forced to relocate. The primary reason is the water level. NSF

dirty old man
    see the post called Breaking News

OutCole'd
    It was on the local news this morning. More sad news for Mead.

Outnumbered

Not So Fast
    last year i heard they where going to move it down about 5-6 miles on the right (going to echobay)to bad that was a great little place to put in ,hell you could wipe your boat off on the ramp
    The bad news is the Supervisors for Mohave Co. have sold us out (yes even Buster has caved in apparently) as i just read they OK'ed the thousands of homes proposed by developers from Vegas in the Golden Valley, Meadview, Dolan Springs areas, also Kingmans thousands. Water availability was the holdup but with the amount of money we are talking about it wasnt enough to make them be cautious, which they should be. So the point is the area will be now become inundated with even more boaters and snowbirds, Jesus, this is the desert folks and the Colorado cant supply any more. Progress is wonderful NSF

Not So Fast
    Oh, I forgot, they are going to be putting water back into Mead but unfortunately it will be the treated water from Vegas sewer plants, gotta love thier creative thinking!!! NSF

Racer277
    Oh, I forgot, they are going to be putting water back into Mead but unfortunately it will be the treated water from Vegas sewer plants, gotta love thier creative thinking!!! NSF
    I'll chip in for a pipeline, they can pump that to LA for drinking water...

Desert Rat
    I'll chip in for a pipeline, they can pump that to LA for drinking water...
    Sorry Shawn, it already flows to Bako and OILDALE!!:crossx:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast