Thread: Stainless Tanks

daddy b
    What is the best way to deal with the overflow/breather hose on these stainless tanks. I don't want to drill any holes in the boat. Can I just plug the hose or will this create a vaccume?
    Tank you
    daddy b

Rattle Can Lou
    Are your fills vented??? If they are then you can probably plug them. Art will come on and correct any major mistakes I have made...LlOlolo J/K Art...

daddy b
    Fills are flip top, aluminum, new, but I don't know if they are vented, how do you know?

Rattle Can Lou
    If they have a rubber flapper in them with a real small hole in the center of a brass or aluminum washer that is over the flapper then they are vented. I'm pretty sure if they are new that they are vented. The old caps that had a screw on top were not vented. If anybody feels different please chime in....I don't want to lead anybody astray.

Beautiful Noise
    If anybody feels different please chime in....I don't want to lead anybody astray.
    I'm sure Art will............lol

Infomaniac
    If you really want your tank to breathe you can install a roll over valve designed for a fuel cell. It is wide open and has a check balll that will close off if fuel sloshes up inside it.
    That is if the tank has an extra pipe bung in the top and water will not spash in etc.
    Art?? LOL

GofastRacer
    Wow I missed this thread,lol.. Those flip top caps are vented but they have such a small hole that they are only good for a low rpm stocker, anything else and you'll create a vacuum in the tank... Info's suggestion is a good one as long as the tanks are in the open, if they are enclosed I would run a line to open air someplace where it won't be subject to water entering the hose!..

daddy b
    If you really want your tank to breathe you can install a roll over valve designed for a fuel cell. It is wide open and has a check balll that will close off if fuel sloshes up inside it.
    That is if the tank has an extra pipe bung in the top and water will not spash in etc.
    Art?? LOL
    Thanks,
    where can I pick some up at, and what kind of expense are we talking about?

GofastRacer
    Summit has them for $25 with a filter!..

daddy b
    Cool, now do you really think I need these with a 11.5-12:1, 2-660's, 439 bbc? This will be a lake hotrod, and I think I could get by. What do you really think? :coffeycup
    :hammer2: Uh huh, pounding head ache.