Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: I'll take Saddam Hussein for $200 Alex

Blown 472
    What about that mother****er that killed 3000 american people, where is he and when will he swing?

HOTPURSUIT
    What about that mother****er that killed 3000 american people, where is he and when will he swing?
    blown472.... you are once again out to lunch.... you must have forgot about september 11, 2001.. also known as 9-11.
    I am in schock that you could refer to our president as a mother ****er..
    like the guy or not, you are a disgrace to refer to our president in such terms..

Old Texan
    The debate isn't Saddam. There's no doubt of his guilt. The debate is how we look to the world. I realize most of you don't care how we look to the world, but since we've taken it upon ourselves to "spread democracy" then we should make a bit of effort to show what our democracy is and how it works. Instead we are treating prisoners of war the opposite of how we would want to be treated. We are the ones who set up the Iraqi government. It's not like we took out Saddam and then rented a houseboat until they decided what they wanted. We set up a democratic system, let them vote, and then we oversaw the system. In fact, consider it Dubya's "mini-me" government in action. That being said, we should be showing people (and offering them) the same system we enjoy (or complain about) here. Not a double standard.
    Saddam didn't get a fair trial because the climate in which he was tried could in no way be impartial which is what we guarantee in a Democracy. The end result would have been the same. Just more credible.
    Ahhhh a change of venue, that would send a positive message. Saddam was tried within the country he was born in, committed his atrocities in, and sat before his fellow countrymen whom decided his fate under Iraqi law.
    Please explain how and where he should have been tried plus how taking him to another country would help the image of the USA.

centerhill condor
    Ahhhh a change of venue, that would send a positive message. Saddam was tried within the country he was born in, committed his atrocities in, and sat before his fellow countrymen whom decided his fate under Iraqi law.
    Please explain how and where he should have been tried plus how taking him to another country would help the image of the USA.
    or better serve justice...
    He just wants out of NOLA!
    Happy Neaux Year, BTW!

Steve 1
    Tex the beauty of it was the hanging was done in the exact place where the savage killed a lot of people himself plus the fact that mode of execution is for common criminals.

Kurtis500
    Since nobody nabbed Hitler, I suppose Russia, UK and the US failed in WWII. Right?

Blown 472
    Since nobody nabbed Hitler, I suppose Russia, UK and the US failed in WWII. Right?
    So then it is ok that he is not dead, but the guy that didn't kill those people is? you can justify that? strange.

Bow Tie Omega
    So then it is ok that he is not dead, but the guy that didn't kill those people is? you can justify that? strange.
    I beg to differ. I think Sadaam is responsible for many American deaths. If it was not for him being such a horrible, brutal dictator, allowing the developement of such horrible weapons, allowing the worst of terrorists to live and train there donating millions to the many many homicide bombers, and killing perhaps millions because of their religous beliefs, we would have never had to go back in the first place. Remember, just because we have not found the weapons does not mean that they are not still there or over the border in Syria. If Sadaam would have been a fair, productive, responsible leader in Iraq, he would still be alive, still be leading and have followers that love and respect him. Lets do a quick eval of Sadaam in the last 25 years.
    1. Killed hundreds of thousands of his own Iraqi's over religous squabbles.
    2. Killed hundreds of thousands while invading his neighboring country Iran for the selfish and sole purpose of oil wealth.
    3. Invaded Kuwait and killed thousands for the selfish and sole purpose of oil wealth. Refused to leave when the United nations ordered him to do so after months of diplomatic negotiations.
    4. After the US and essentially the entire free world moved him back to Iraq forcefully, he still challenged the UN and US by firing at allied aircraft and at times refused UN inspectors to be in his contry whenever the inspectors found something suspicious (where there is smoke, there is fire).
    5. Allowed rogue terrorist organizations to live and train in Iraq.
    6. Paid large sums of money to homicide bombers who would blow themselves up to kill israeli's.
    7. After 911, he still would not allow UN inspectors into Iraq, still donated to homicide bombers, still was working on weapons of mass destruction, was still killing thousands of his own people and still was allowing terrorists organizations who wanted to harm the US to train there.
    Only after all of this did we invade Iraq. Baghead and the others can hate the right (how fitting that is what they are called) and bitch and moan all they want. But the fact of the matter is we should have handled Sadaam in Iraq 1 (Desert Storm). WHile this situation has not been handled anywhere near perfect, sitting around and being passive, much like our past president did not work either. In fact, it probably made things worse. I am an independent. I vote to the left on issues such as health care, Social Security and issues of helping the less fortunate, those that want help, not a hand out. As far as tax issues and national security, I am on the right.
    That being said, we have bungled Iraq in many ways, but as far as Sadaam Hussein is concerned, it was not an option to try him out of Iraq, the people would not have allowed it. He had a trial that lasted for well over a year. He was allowed an appeals process. The fact of the matter is, the system worked, he was found guilty of something he was guilty of. As far a killing him now will only exacerbate an already bad situation, that statement may be true. I know the Kurds are not happy becasue they did not get their day in court for his crimes against them. The Sunni's are going to be upset because Sadaam is/was one of them. Yes they may revolt. But this sentencing and punishment process is and has already been written. What kind of precident would the Iraqi Goverment be setting if they change the rules for of all people, Sadaam Hussein. I think under the circumstances, the process was handled the best it could have been.
    On a final note, I believe the Iraqi issue is to complex, to fluid for us monday morning politicians to handle in a few brief paragraphs on ***boat.net . I think the easiest resolution to this issuue will be to seperate Iraq into 3 states. One state for the Kurds, another for the Sunnis and a third for the Shiites. As far as oil, split the profits 3 ways. Maybe have a group like OPEC oversee that end of things. A largely Arab organization handling an Arab issue. Maybe have a parliament of sorts equally represented by the three states for occasional issues concerning the country. When they can not negotiate a conclusion to an issue, have a second committee come in, perhaps leaders from other Arab countries be the decision maker/tie breaker when needed. I think this would be a self motivating factor for the 3 states to solve their own problems. But the vast majority of governing will handled on the state level. Kurds ruling over Kurds, Shiites ruling Shiites and so on.

SmokinLowriderSS
    Are we going to get a retraction of the stupid BS when he DOES eventually get caught blown, or just you walking away from it refusing to comment furthter?
    Was it a failure that WE here in the midwest didn't catch a serial killer for 30 years?
    The POS was wanted, was being looked for, searched for, hunted, for 3 decades, 30 plus freaking years, and eventually, was found, with the help of good police work and NEWER TECHNOLOGY, and the nasty little overbearing controll freak personality who was so superior to everyone else (especially the people he tortured to death) will now die in prison, a small and powerless, unimportant little pissant.
    If it takes decades, IF bin-laden lives that long, he will be found. Will you then be happy blown? Will you then have the nutsack to give credit to his pursuers, or will you just try to sweep it under the rug, like the other crap you want to stir with?
    I'm still following a set of court hearings you gave convictions to months ago blown................. You're gonna hear about them .... AGAIN......
    Oh, by the way blown, just like the "bush outing plame" bull-crap which became "libby lied and Joe won't testify, because he lied too", there are NOT 8 charges of mudrer, unlike your 8 convictions you decreed.
    IF we ever "give up" on bin-laden, or another US president refuses to take him like Bill did, I'll be all over THAT administration about it, just like I am over Clinton. Watch me

Blown 472
    Are we going to get a retraction of the stupid BS when he DOES eventually get caught blown, or just you walking away from it refusing to comment furthter?
    Was it a failure that WE here in the midwest didn't catch a serial killer for 30 years?
    The POS was wanted, was being looked for, searched for, hunted, for 3 decades, 30 plus freaking years, and eventually, was found, with the help of good police work and NEWER TECHNOLOGY, and the nasty little overbearing controll freak personality who was so superior to everyone else (especially the people he tortured to death) will now die in prison, a small and powerless, unimportant little pissant.
    If it takes decades, IF bin-laden lives that long, he will be found. Will you then be happy blown? Will you then have the nutsack to give credit to his pursuers, or will you just try to sweep it under the rug, like the other crap you want to stir with?
    I'm still following a set of court hearings you gave convictions to months ago blown................. You're gonna hear about them .... AGAIN......
    Oh, by the way blown, just like the "bush outing plame" bull-crap which became "libby lied and Joe won't testify, because he lied too", there are NOT 8 charges of mudrer, unlike your 8 convictions you decreed.
    IF we ever "give up" on bin-laden, or another US president refuses to take him like Bill did, I'll be all over THAT administration about it, just like I am over Clinton. Watch me
    And you dont find it strange, (not that you would as you cant think for yourself) that we put all this time and effort into saddam when the guy that carried out the worst attack on american soil is still running around.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast