Thread: BB Ford Heads wanted

MWJSOne
    Looking for a set of Ford 429/460 D20E-AA or AB heads IM me

RCB19
    Lakes Only here on the boards is a big Ford guy. I'm sure he can help you. In fact I thing he was trying to get rid of a bunch of heads and engine parts over in the spam section a while back.

MWJSOne
    There is also another casting number but nobody is sure what they came on and has never seen a set D3AE-FA

Blown 472
    There is also another casting number but nobody is sure what they came on and has never seen a set D3AE-FA
    Good luck with the PI heads, hard to find. I have a set of unported C8ve's for sale and I am in wisconsin.
    D3's are open chamber heads.

corlish
    PM sent

1968Droptop
    You can also try www.460ford.com Lots of Ford parts there for sale, great guys as well. GL.

LakesOnly
    Looking for a set of Ford 429/460 D20E-AA or AB heads...There is also another casting number but nobody is sure what they came on and has never seen a set D3AE-FAUntil I see a set of D3AE-FA PI heads, I allege that Tom Monroe's book is incorrect and that casting number 429/460 cylinder head does not exist. This would only add to other casting numbers noted in his 429/460 book that are also in correct. Dont take that book as gospel, as it is filled with lots of casting number errors.
    The only PI heads I have seen are D20E-AB PI heads. If your intention is to build a .030 0verbore 460 jet boat motor, then I would have to say that the PI heads are not the best way to go and that the C8, C9 or D0 passenger car heads would be a better choice, generally speaking. The D20E's might be nice on a stroker, though. It's not about having the best head out there for making power; it's more about having the most appropriate head for a given application.
    PM about what you are building and I will be happy to point you toward the best choice of cylinder head for your build.
    LO

LakesOnly
    D3's are open chamber heads.D3VE-A2A heads are closed chamber heads.
    The only open chamber heads ever released into production for the 429/460 are the one-year-only D2VE-AA castings.
    LO
    p.s. By the way, just want to note that the factory iron is going up in value in certain markets, such as truck pullers or other racers that must use a factory iron head (due to the rules). In other markets, the value is currently dropping a bit due to the new arrival of cheapo-budget aftermarket aluminum heads. The irony in this latter market is that the cheapo aluminum heads offer little in performance and value over the factory iron. Too bad those new to the 429/460 haven't realized that yet.