Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: control rod bushings

Fired Up
    I'm replacing the cav plate (transom) control rod bushings on my Canyon. 1" ID, 1.125" OD, looked under Rex marines and Dana marine catalogs and didn't see replacements. Suggestions?

I have replacements but I think they are bigger on the OD than 1.125. I will have to check them...

Fired Up
    Thanks...let me know. The material is a fiber type, much like strut bushing material.

EXTREMEBOATS
    I'm replacing the cav plate (transom) control rod bushings on my Canyon. 1" ID, 1.125" OD, looked under Rex marines and Dana marine catalogs and didn't see replacements. Suggestions?
    Ron Braksma will make them to fit out of Delron. Same stuff we use in hydro struts. Its self lubricating and will last a "Good'Long Time". Also Bergeron has them in the fiber . Not to step on Mikes toe's...Just others....
    Mike

Fired Up
    Thanks Mike, should've thought of Phil also...my Canyon is an '89, 17 years was not bad.

EXTREMEBOATS
    Cool... My first flat was a 62 Rayson Craft with its original 392 hemi. I reused the bushings.... :jawdrop: I've seen lots of old rides that surprised the hell out of me when it came to the condition of "soft" parts. Just Fu#*in amazing!!!!
    Mike

GofastRacer
    Thanks...let me know. The material is a fiber type, much like strut bushing material.
    Delrin is way better, if you get stuck and can't find them I could probably make them for ya!..

The 1" id bushings I have measure about 1.160 od. Our transom bearings have a 1.152" hole. When they press in they are perfect on the ID.
    You definately won't get them in a 1.125" hole without turning the OD down though. 1.125 would be very minimal wall thickness on the bushing.
    They are 1" long also. They are black delrin.
    I also have the same with 7/8" ID.

Fired Up
    Thanks for checking Mike. I'll keep hunting. Last resort may be boring the blocks.

469 the coyote
    Call kevin at canyon boats. They are setting on the self. His # is (209) 518-7575.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast