Thread: boost overdrive/underdrive chart??

IMPATIENT 1
    is there such thing as a chart showing possible pulley sizes to achieve a certain percent overdrive? for weiand 6-71/8-71's and roots blower?you guys know what i mean.i can't find any showing what pulleys to use to get 10-15% overdrive, and show what boost should be per mill application.????"

Liberator TJ1984

IMPATIENT 1
    and thou shalt recieve
    http://www.goodvibesracing.com/Ratio%20Charts.htm
    one more with C.I. Ratios
    http://dyersblowers.com/pulley_boost_charts.html
    thank you, thank you, thank you. that's exactly what i was looking for.

Liberator TJ1984
    Your Welcome !
    at least I know I did One Thing right today

IMPATIENT 1
    whatya think the max overdrive limit on a weiand 6-71 runnin race fuel might be before a intercooler is needed? my compression is 9 to 1 .don't mind runnin timing alittle slower.

it's not always about how much boost you can get away with before you need a chiller. In your case with that blower you may want to watch how fast you spin the blower, before it self destructs. I'd keep that thing below 7500 blower speed.

IMPATIENT 1
    it's not always about how much boost you can get away with before you need a chiller. In your case with that blower you may want to watch how fast you spin the blower, before it self destructs. I'd keep that thing below 7500 blower speed.
    i appreciate the heads up. i should be coming outta the hole at @6800-7k. i'm runnin a mag but i'm getting a limiter for it in a couple more weeks.

Liberator TJ1984
    whatya think the max overdrive limit on a weiand 6-71 runnin race fuel might be before a intercooler is needed? my compression is 9 to 1 .don't mind runnin timing alittle slower.
    Go to the Good-Vibes link I posted then go to thier Homepage , Find the Tecnical Link and open it up , Go to Blower Tech Page, it will show another chart with static comp / boost # = final Compression Ratio
    You can see where your Final Boost will be and decide where to run with whatever fuel type you are planning to use
    Dig around on thier site ,some pretty good info on it.
    aw heck ! here ya go
    http://www.goodvibesracing.com/Compression%20Ratio.htm
    if you are at 9:1 comp static , 6# boost will put you at 12.7:1 > Compressions on right side ,boost is at the top of chart

IMPATIENT 1
    Go to the Good-Vibes link I posted then go to thier Homepage , Find the Tecnical Link and open it up , Go to Blower Tech Page, it will show another chart with static comp / boost # = final Compression Ratio
    You can see where your Final Boost will be and decide where to run with whatever fuel type you are planning to use
    Dig around on thier site ,some pretty good info on it.
    aw heck ! here ya go
    http://www.goodvibesracing.com/Compression%20Ratio.htm
    if you are at 9:1 comp static , 6# boost will put you at 12.7:1 > Compressions on right side ,boost is at the top of chart
    lol, thanks again man! i've been researching runnin nitrous with a blower. how unsafe is it to run a small 100hp shot?i'd like to add a 100hp and the nitrous would really cool down the intake charge.i've got a good fuel pump to use on the nitrous as stand alone fuel system, so feeding a nitrous plate wouldn't be any trouble.i was thinking of buying a dual shot plate system, just to race with, back down the timing before i even think about hitting the juice?

Liberator TJ1984
    I considered it at one time too , but being the fact they recommend running Nitrous only at WOT it was not feasable to justify the costs and hassles, hence I am in the process of going from Carbs. & Gas to Inj.Alky.