Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: We've lost a great friend

mirrorimage
    wish in one hand crap in the other he"d say ..now about that wish?:idea:

RIVERTIME247
    thanks for taken the time out to answer some of my questions!
    RIP TOM

I just looked, 3,913 views (at the time of this post) ... thanks for all of your kind words and thoughts.
    As you can see (by their posting up here, for some ... their first post), Tommy's family is reading your posts. I know for a fact that it means a lot to them.
    Thanks for taking the time to read it and remember Tommy ... as I put together a piece for Drag Boat Review about him and speak to a lot of his long time friends, I learn a lot more about what he has done for Hot Boating in general. Today alone, I have spoken to numerous living legends who are still blown away that he has passed.
    I am getting calls from far and wide with more and more information about Tommy and his tales as others are finding out about the article, it makes me happy that people are taking the time to call ... as we all know Tommy would.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Brian

petersonfab1
    I Have Been Sitting Here Reading All Of The Wonderfull Things Written About Tommy And When You Have Been Friends With Sombody For So Long And You See Or Talk To Them Everyday I Think Those Friendships Kind Of Get Takin For Granted. I Have Spent All Week Reflecting On The Past 10 Years That We Were Friends And I Have Come To Relize That Almost Every Close Friend That I Have I Met Through Tom. My Shop Was Next Door To His For 6 Years At 5:30 Every Morning We Would Sit Down With Our Coffe And Just Talk For An Hour. Since We Have Both Moved Our Shops We Havent Spent As Much Time Together Allthough Him And I Did Drive To The World Finals This Year And I Am Truelly Thankfull That I Got To Spend That Time With Him. Tom You Will Allways Be In All Of Our Hearts And None Of Our Lives Will Be The Same Without You....bottomline... I Love You My Friend.
    Derek Peterson/141 Blue Thunder

Ken Brown
    On a lighter note: Ken, the other day when B-ry and i were, that days "Hang-arounds", Tommy was talking about some of the stuff you guys would get into , he always would talk about the three of you I asume this was you! (some pretty good ones too! )
    It is a pleasure to meet you!
    Todd
    Todd... thanks so much for those words.... Just when I thought I was done getting upset about Tommy being gone you had to go and say those wonderful things... I am glad to hear that he relived our days as kids as I often do.
    If only we could go back in time.... I would love to kick Tommys rear for some of the nutty stuff that kid did! He was truly a piece of work... It's great to read the posts here from those of you that knew Tommy as an adult... that is something I missed out on... looking forward to meeting many of you next week. Save a cold one for me!
    Ken Brown

Look me up Ken, i've got some stories that need to be validated! LOL

Its nice to see people logging on to say a few words about Tommy.
    I wish I could make the Elsinore deal but I cant pull it off, lay a pass or 2 for Tommy but please be safe guys, he would want that more than anything.

Accurate Smog Of South Bay
    I was completely devastated when I got the news Tuesday morning. I got the honor of visiting Tom when I picked up my boat on Thursday. I was there for about four hour's bullshitting with Tom about all the good old times. He called me on Saturday and wanted me to bring down my block for his ski boat on Tuesday. On my way there I received one of the worse phone calls in my life. This boat was the fifth one that Tom has done work on for me since I met him five years ago. You know who I would call when I broke down in the middle of Lake Havasu and they would always answer the phone even on Sunday or Holidays, Tom Papp. He will never be forgotten in my life. Its going to be real hard going to the races and not seeing Tom.
    Thanks Tom for everything Kenny Meyers

Jake W2
    I am sorry to hear about Mr Papps passing may he rest in peace.
    Jake

TRUMP TIGHT
    I thank him for the help he gave me and wish his family well.
    Justin