Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buying a house in Havasu

Concept1
    What are some of your thoughts on buying a house in Havasu? Dure to the amount of trips Im already planning I think im going to buy something out there so we always have a place to stay. To the ones that own houses out there and dont live there, do you just let them set, or do you try and rent it out for a vacation rental or something to offset the cost? I already have a house there picked and im planning on making an offer really soon so I dont miss out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

djunkie
    We rent for 4 months during the snow bird season. The summer months we use it. Usually out there twice a month so we don't rent then.

Havasu1986
    Same here...been doing it for 20 years, but mine stays 6 months. Some property managers aren't taking on anymore rentals due having to many house's already.

Concept1
    O.K. Well at least i know what to expect. Maybe list it on a owner vacation rental site and see what happens. Its only going to be around 1500.00 a month or so, from what i see its at least 200-250 a night at a good hotel during busy weekends, and 150 or so on off days, id rather spend the $$ and maybe get some equity over time. Sound about right? Does Havasu gain equity on houses near the lake??

Havasu1986
    I prefer to be closer to the lake. You will be saving on hotels, storage or gas towing the boat. You can leave all your clothes at the house and cook if you like. And you don't have to worry about reservations. But let me warn you in the 20 years I have been coming here I have seen plenty of people get all excited and buy a boat and a house and then they get burned out or start having kids. And then Little Leauge or Pop Warner etc. Me I never get tired of it. Good Luck.

Sandbar Junkies
    I enjoy the winter almost as much as summer, good riding, play some golf and know jackasses on the launch ramp.

dumbandyoung
    I have a house in willow valley. near bullhead, walking distance to the water and a private marina. I don't rent in the winter. I leave too much personal stuff up there and dont want people using it. That i don't have to worry about tenants.
    Havasu1986 is right. you can get burnt out. Its not like a hotel, you have to clean it and keep it up all yourself. And if you have 10 people up there and its all on you you might get stressed. I know this all too well. but the convenience of having your own place is great. No more towing every weekend you go up and no more rushing to get reservations for the big weekends.

Mrs.Racer277
    We finished our house just over a year ago. Use it almost 3 out of 4 weekends a month. It is so easy to jump in the car and go. Do not plan on renting. We use it to much. Winter is fun for riding and boating.

a catered life
    since i got bumped out of my room at dia's i claim first extra bedroom

Mrs.Racer277
    since i got bumped out of my room at dia's i claim first extra bedroom
    Always room for you. Just let me know when.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast