I'm getting ready to take the dive and had some questions about components and hookups. I was looking at the Kenwood mono Excelon X812D amp to push a set of Infinity 1250W subs. The amp puts out 533 watts rms at 4 Ohms and 919 W at 2 Ohms. My question is, if I'm using a single 300 W, 12" sub at 4 Ohms, can I later add another 300 W sub connected in parallel. My thinking is that the amp will have 533 watts for a single 4 Ohm sub and 919 W for a set of 300 watt subs at 2 Ohms. Will the amp operate OK like this or is 2 Ohms continuouse too much for it? What I like about the Kenwood is it's a class D and has a 2 speed cooling fan.
Second question; I'm looking at the Infinity 7541a, 4 channel amp for some Polk DB650's. I couldn't find what resistance the 6.5" speakers operate at. Since the amps advertise operation at 2 and 4 Ohms, are the speakers 4 Ohms. I seem to recall speakers at 8 Ohms. I was hoping I could connect 8 speakers by connecting 2 in parallel to each channel. Would this drive each channel into 2 Ohms? and at 2 Ohms the amp puts out 139 Watts rms, will this drive the 60 watt DB650's OK? or will I have to add another 4 channel amp?
Thanks!!