Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey Rat!!!

Dimarco Kid
    Sup man? Wax that Daytona lately? LOL
    Can I ask you what you got for a cam in your blower motor? 509 right?
    Much appreciated!!!
    BTW.....it looked SICK (in a good way) on those videos! Slippery as that thing is it probably only needs 350hp to push it don't it?!!!!!

fat rat
    Whats up Kid...............have you been enjoying all that snow?
    I got little or know info to offer you, builder tells me it's his secret. it is a 509, it has a blower and a Reed solid roller cam.............and runs like a scalded baboon.

Dimarco Kid
    10-4 man...that's ok. Just wanted to ask cuz our motors are similar (I think) other than mine being a 490. Thing is when it was in the hydro I turned it 7200rpm +, not gonna work for my jet. So, I thought I'd ask!
    F-ing snow, of course I'm the only jabronee that has a snowmobile and waits for summer! I'm not right. :rollside:

fat rat
    F-ing snow, of course I'm the only jabronee that has a snowmobile and waits for summer! I'm not right. :rollside:
    Put some winter track on that bad boy! :220v:
    Seriously I have know info on the cam.

Dimarco Kid
    You know what man...if it runs hard, (which your's does!) who cares!!! Alot of builders are like that. I helped freshen a Shafiroff 540 and when the timing cover cam off, we noticed they actually had sanded off the numbers!!! Secrets secrets....
    Snow track...I did last winter. Lost the sled I was riding at the top end (152mph thru the clocks) and ended up with some ice rash! Ice is actually too rough to run sleds like that. Asphalt is so smooth, perfect for that. I could slow it down I guess, that might work. WTF??? No it wouldn't, what the hell am I thinking???!!!

DansBlown73Nordic
    Id like to just get a snow flake that will last more than two days..... :crossx:

Wet Dream
    Did someone say blower? :idea:

Dimarco Kid
    Ooooohhh......blower huh? Wonder what that means? I gotta blower....who else might have one? I dunno? Only guys who own their own space shuttles would be able to afford one of those!!!!
    Dan....you still got that big cat? Or did it go in the divorce? Still got mine. Hooper 1465 now, 326hp @ 9400. Is that good? Funny thing tho...in the winter when it's cold we have to use a heat gun to warm the cylinders so I can pull it over to start it! Hooper did a nice job for me, got some stains on the cylinder heads from where I go too excited and touched myself! We ran 160.56 in the quarter @ New England dragway. Sad thing...I got beat, bad. Turbo yamaha ran 168+ on me!!!!!

DansBlown73Nordic
    Yes I still have the Big Putti Cat.... :crossx: Its in a million pieces now. New track, heat exchanger, and a few other odds and ends.
    I was just at a friends Yamaha shop saturday. They were just installing a blower on a sled. Looked kinda like a aero charger. It will make 12 psi boost and will produce around 300 h.p. Not bad for a stock sled.

Wet Dream
    Stock sled? If you put a supercharger on a snowmobile, pumping out 12psi...is it still stock?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast