Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: East Coast hot boats vs. West Coast hot boats.

skygod73
    The gel work on the west coast boats is amazing, although some of them look really dated after a few years because of all the copycats. IMHO, they tend to be more trendy/gawdy sometimes. I prefer the lined interiors of the east coast boats, and the cockpits appear more thought out. I love the classic lines of the Halletts out here.

rrrr
    East Coast hot boats vs. West Coast hot boats.
    Having grown up in Michigan and eventually landing in Southern California I am quite taken aback by the different approaches to the finish of the boats.
    Typically even today I see gel designs on the east coast that would be common for 70s/80's vintage west coast boats.
    Maybe all of the East coast boats are 70's/80's West coast boats. Is your boat pink and teal?

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    As long as you don't compare the women. That'll cause some drama around here.

Boatcop
    West coast is better because it rymes...... West Coast Best Coast
    As long as you don't compare the women. That'll cause some drama around here.
    The rhyming thing still applies.
    East Coast, Beast Coast.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    East Coast, Beast Coast.
    Ohhh!!! There it goes!!

Boatcop
    Ohhh!!! There it goes!!
    West Coast, (fake) Breast Coast.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Lmao!! It was interesting going to Florida and seeing the differences in cultures (most people there are from the northeast).

Big Boys Toy PE857
    As a combat veteran of the last East Coast vs. West Coast Hot Boat Forums skirmish, also know as the "Shake Yo Ass" war, I will be contacting other Brothers in Arms to report that our honor has once again been called into question by the West Coast faction. I'm sure that an appropriate volley will be sounded soon from the Right hand side of the map.
    PS: We have already fought the best looking women question before. No winner was ever declared.

rrrr
    LMAO!!! Did the ladies from the East coast discover shaving yet??? :devil:

GHT
    East Coast hot boats vs. West Coast hot boats.
    Having grown up in Michigan and eventually landing in Southern California I am quite taken aback by the different approaches to the finish of the boats.
    Typically even today I see gel designs on the east coast that would be common for 70s/80's vintage west coast boats.
    The level of in-the-mold gel coating artistry that is demonstrated by seemingly all west coast hot boat manufacturers seems far more advanced than that of the the east coast fraternity... whom make-no-mistake build some very high quality boats.
    But going down the list in the SoCal/Arizona ***boating manufacturers .... Lavey, Hallett, Howard, HTM, Nordic, Eliminator, Ultra, Advantage, DCB, Schiada.... They all do some pretty amazing work in the gel.
    Why has the east not jumped on board with this kind of artistry??
    And yes I know some of the east coast "painted" boats are simply amazing in quality and artistry.... It's the in-the-mold graphics I refer to here.
    Comments anyone??
    Actually this is a very good thread... There are many different styles of boats out there and I have found the East Coast boats "seem" to been more sea worthy than West Coast boats. BUT the West Coast boats are much "seem" to be more user friendly..... Over the years the "gap" appears to be closing and both coast boat are "each coast friendly"...
    Just my .02
    Two of my favs....
    Baja "East Coast"
    Sunsation "East Coast"
    There are many others..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast