Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Size limits

MONEYFURNOTHIN
    This is a pretty grey area when dealing with commercial use trucks. I deal with it on a daily basis. Even though you would fall into non-commercial A CDL you would still have to run the scales with this setup. From my expierence there not strict and rarely even check length (if its within reason) because there are so many amendments and exceptions. If you ask 3 different chipies they will give you 3 different anwsers as to what is legal when it come to length. I have trucks in my fleet that exceed legal length and have not had any problems. If you would rather be safe than sorry call this 661-294-5530 (castiac truck scales) and ask away. Call a couple times and get some different officers on the phone, youll see what i mean! I have dealt with this alot, and my understanding is with that set up 65 is max. I would say if you could keep it under 70 go for it, much more than that w/ that set up and your be drawing to much attention. Good luck

H20 Toie
    This is a pretty grey area when dealing with commercial use trucks. I deal with it on a daily basis. Even though you would fall into non-commercial A CDL you would still have to run the scales with this setup. From my expierence there not strict and rarely even check length (if its within reason) because there are so many amendments and exceptions. If you ask 3 different chipies they will give you 3 different anwsers as to what is legal when it come to length. I have trucks in my fleet that exceed legal length and have not had any problems. If you would rather be safe than sorry call this 661-294-5530 (castiac truck scales) and ask away. Call a couple times and get some different officers on the phone, youll see what i mean! I have dealt with this alot, and my understanding is with that set up 65 is max. I would say if you could keep it under 70 go for it, much more than that w/ that set up and your be drawing to much attention. Good luck
    What my boat draw attention.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...Boat_small.JPG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123