Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restoration from skin out

cucci
    This boat was brought to us by a Danny Ryan new to the GN class. We cut the deck off tore out all wood and floors to skin out. Built a jig to hold bottom straight and rebuilt to new condition. A bigger job than building a new one.

Tom Brown
    Wow. Lotsa work to replace all that balsa coring.
    Kudos.

cucci
    Ryans GN

vee-driven
    i told him not to buy it, lol.

cucci
    i told him not to buy it, lol.
    your right it was actually ready for the dump. However now he can go racing!

Moneypitt
    your right it was actually ready for the dump. However now he can go racing!
    Way to go Joey!! The things people do when they love their job, and their SPORT.............MP

Schiada Time
    Is it a Rayson Craft? I had a buddy who just sold an all white Rayson a few months back complete with Blower motor and all. The boat needed to be put together and he said theu guy who bought it was going to go GN racing. Curious if it is the same boat?

cucci
    Is it a Rayson Craft? I had a buddy who just sold an all white Rayson a few months back complete with Blower motor and all. The boat needed to be put together and he said theu guy who bought it was going to go GN racing. Curious if it is the same boat?
    sounds like it! Danny Ryan bought it with some other stuff i beleive a motor.

Schiada Time
    My buddys name is Chris York and he lives in Lomia, CA. He use to work at Schiada years ago and owned a 19 Schiada V-drive before this boat that he completely restored. Unfortunately a keyway broked on the rudder on the Schiada at his folks river house in Needles and the Schiada went straight into a reatining wall and went down. Chris was fine but the boat was destroyed. He pulled the motor, running gear and hardware to build the Rayson and eventually lost interest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast