Thread: Fiberglass ?

Jim Hall
    :cry: I am in the process of fabricating a fiberglass scoop from a male plug I formed and started glassing it last night. After the first coat was applied I relized that I had my hardner ratio wrong and the resin was not going off. Is there a product I can spray on (like an accelerator) to help it or can I just mix up new batch and start over leaving what I did last night inplace?

sdba069
    Have you tried heat on it, like a heat lamp or heat gun?

IMPATIENT 1
    :cry: I am in the process of fabricating a fiberglass scoop from a male plug I formed and started glassing it last night. After the first coat was applied I relized that I had my hardner ratio wrong and the resin was not going off. Is there a product I can spray on (like an accelerator) to help it or can I just mix up new batch and start over leaving what I did last night inplace?
    been there too jim, i brushed on some extra hardner and it made the sticky resin set.i cleaned off the excess hardner then cleaned and prepped with acetone before applying another coat.

Jim Hall
    I have had heat on it all day. Will not know if that works until I get home. I will try the extra hardner. I was also thinking of mixing up a hot batch and do resin only for a coat.

BrendellaJet
    been there. You may need to give it a few days. It should dry though.