Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Top ***boat Implosions of the Year 2006

EAZYKILLER2006
    Prove it
    WHAT WAS THAT I HEAR? http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ret.jpgNOTHING TO SAY?:devil:

Kilrtoy
    WHAT WAS THAT I HEAR? http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...ret.jpgNOTHING TO SAY?:devil:
    I like it....

EAZYKILLER2006
    The main list I am looking for are the full on melt downs where people leave, either voluntarily, or involuntarily... Threaded, MMD & Grad are good examples of involuntarily. Frenchie was gone for a while...voluntarily, but has made a subtle and appropriate return.
    I had once suggested a Forum Suicide Forum where people write their goodbye posts and the post would automatically start their post with "Goodbye Cruel World (AKA ***boat).
    I did not see Kilrtoy as having a melt down....he got very heated, but never melted down. Melt downs are when people just pull out all the stops, like Threaded, to make the situation as bad as possible in an attempt to actually disrupt the boards. Or, their whole world colapses due to the lies and misrepresentations, or innapropriateness of their attack.
    I though SpammitKarl would for sure write a forum suicide note...but I think he didn't because it would have given Jordy too much satisfaction. But, SpammitKarl qualifies as a melt down, and Jordy wasn't melting down...he was just kicking the shit out of someone handicapped in the brain cell department. Not many people rally behind someone kicking the shit out of a retard, even if the retard deserves it.
    You know the difference between tragedy and comedy?
    Tragedy is when I fall down a man hole cover. Comedy is when you fall down a man hole cover. (Mel Brooks) Oh shit...I said Man Hole....watch out, lucky will be all over this thread.
    OH IS THAT WHAT THIS AWARD IS FOR? OH !!!! ok, lol :sqeyes: oops my bad.. i didnt know what it was for??!!! WELL, SOMEONE COULD OF 'SPLAIND IT 2 ME ...oh ok...keep the award ...."melt down" NOPE!!! WOULDNT BE ME

SmokinLowriderSS
    LVJetboy

djunkie
    The guy who scammed Gary Taylor went out with a bang. I think his name was Sangster10.

EAZYKILLER2006
    The guy who scammed Gary Taylor went out with a bang. I think his name was Sangster10.
    wel, i thought someone was stealing "my thunder"... ya all have to work harder than that, to get rid of me...http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/...fault/yawn.gif

Kim Hanson
    Kim....Is that you?
    ........( . )( . )..........

Jbb
    Was that .."Turnkey jet for sale" fiasco in 2006?
    That one was good!....

Jordy
    Was that .."Turnkey jet for sale" fiasco in 2006?
    That one was good!....
    I do believe you're right. That was '06. :idea:
    You mean this one:
    Yes, i was the one that came to look at boat and planned to buy it. After several phone conversations and e-mails, Karl said a deposit was not necessary. We talked about the condition of the hull, pump and engine, etc. He sent pictures and informed me pump was ok, floor just replaced a year prior, and interior was in good shape. I show up to check the boat out and boat had a crack in the cap where the only thing holding piece on was rub rail. Hull condition was okay for 30 year old boat with exception of the crack. Interior was junk, sun rotted, brittle and hard. Climbed underneath to check condition of pump and found one skag broke off intake, intake knocked loose off of hull and oil leaking from bilge around intake. Looked inside intake and discovered pieces of leading edge of the impeller missing. Decided WTH and took boat out on water anyways to see how it would perform. Launched boat, engine started without a hitch. Noticed growling noise coming from pump. Not the usual h-bar rattle, but a growling noise telling of bad thrust bearing. Took boat out past no wake zone, hit the throttle and engine fell on its face. proceeded to get boat on plain, which was not very easy due to bad pump. rode down the lake and noticed whole dash was moving, which indicates to me the floor is broke loose and not solid. put boat back on trailer as Karl had appt to get to, agreed to talk again later. I decided I was not going to purchase what I viewed as unsafe boat for my family or any one elses for that matter. Karl informed me this boat was turn key. I realize that one persons view of turn key is different from another, but with all these little things wrong with boat, how can it truly be turn key when there is a fear of making it back to to the launch ramp after a day of boating. I was led to believe pump was ok, floor solid, interior and hull in better condition than they were. Maybe if owner had been more forth coming about boats condition then it would not have come to this. I understand that for the price I'm not going to get a perfect boat, nor am i Looking for perfect boat. But I view this boat as a project, not turn key and not worth more than $2000.
    Southwind was closed in 1982 and the mold you are referring to, the 20 (made for Southwind but never purchased by Southwind) is the only Southwind mold that Dana owns. The deck was redesigned by the original toolmaker (Smiley's Fiberglass). Dana does not own ANY original Southwind molds. Nor did I say they did. Go talk with Rhett to get your facts straight, better yet go talk to Smiley at Smiley's Fiberglass. This is not a slam on Dana boats, just facts to straighten out info on our previous conversation.

Jbb
    Thats the one that gets my vote.....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345