Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KX100 or CRF150R for the kid?

FASTERDAMITT
    I'll read up on that 225 kit. Thanks.

TheCarDudes
    KX125. I put my son on it and had him start with one leg hangin' off the side. The beauty is that it will last him for years to come.
    Oh yeah ....... 2003 KX125 ffor sale. Nice bike with all new plastic ready to install....... PM for details,
    George

dirtracer
    go to xr100.com
    thats the kit I have with a crower cam.

dicudmore
    KX125. I put my son on it and had him start with one leg hangin' off the side. The beauty is that it will last him for years to come.
    Oh yeah ....... 2003 KX125 ffor sale. Nice bike with all new plastic ready to install....... PM for details,
    George
    agreed with George--why buy something he's gonna grow out of after a few months of riding...and what better way for him to learn throttle control than to ride a 2-stroke for a while

MUDXPRT
    I'm going through this same thing right now. My 14 yr has yz85 06 and outgrew, he fit perfect on the crf150r big wheel but if I buy him that, next year same problem. So were going with the crf250r a little to big but he is going to have to take it easy and slowly learn the bigger bike. (o6 yz85 4-sale)

76ANTHONY
    My boy needs to step up a notch from the YZ85. He's not ready for a adult bike yet so I have a choice of KX100, CRF150R or a CRF230f. I know the 150r is a new a bad azz bike but is it worth over a grand more??? I would think the KX has as much power. The 230 would prabably be too heavy I think, even with the electric start at 230+ pounds. We're talkin desert riding in Palm Springs area and a trip to Glamis once in awhile.
    Thanks
    first off, how old is your boy, what does he weigh? the power difference between the 150 and 230 are pretty big, the 230 would really probably fit better after a few rides. but then again if hes 11 it aint gonna work. another thing, do not, i repeat, do not buy at desert cities honda, they will rip you off, i know, i worked there...

killerbeez
    How about the KTM 105 sx.IMO it has more power than the kx plus alot more trick parts on it stock.Great little bikes.

2forcefull
    agreed with George--why buy something he's gonna grow out of after a few months of riding...and what better way for him to learn throttle control than to ride a 2-stroke for a while
    I did that, my boy out grew the kx100 in 6 mo. plus the wheels are too small on the kx for the dunes, I bought him the crf250r, put the 110 lb rider springs and cut the seat foam out to 1/2 inch, works great!!
    I wish I would have just left him on the smaller bike longer!

wright27
    My boy needs to step up a notch from the YZ85. He's not ready for a adult bike yet so I have a choice of KX100, CRF150R or a CRF230f. I know the 150r is a new a bad azz bike but is it worth over a grand more??? I would think the KX has as much power. The 230 would prabably be too heavy I think, even with the electric start at 230+ pounds. We're talkin desert riding in Palm Springs area and a trip to Glamis once in awhile.
    Thanks
    My sons rides a yz 85 and my wife has a kx 100. When my son rides the 100 he says it is a little faster to him than his 85 but not much. When rides his friends 150 r he loves that bike, he says much faster and more control than the 100. Hope this helps

beach gomer
    Buy the 150R .I bought one for my son for X-mas.He will be on it the next two years.It is pricey though. I paid 4400.00.If anyone is interested I have a 2006 KX 65 for sale never been raced.PM me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast