Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 1965 chevelle ss for sale!!

Ryphraph
    I saw one at the Long Beach swap meet a while back. Looked like every panel on it had either rust or dents. It looked like someone just towed it out of a wrecking yard. The interior was tore up from the floor up and it wasn't even an SS. The guy was asking 8k.
    Ryph

BigDoug
    Iv'e owned both a 65 and 64 SS chevelles, what's really nice about yours is the color and it originally came with a factory 4 speed (rare) #s matching car is always good but you've already mini tubbed it so people would think there would be stout small block or something, im really interested in it but not for the price you want and i have to finish it too.......good luck

vee-driven
    it aint mini tubbed it is numbers matching i can get the og 4 speed. do your homework cheap skates!

vee-driven
    Iv'e owned both a 65 and 64 SS chevelles, what's really nice about yours is the color and it originally came with a factory 4 speed (rare) #s matching car is always good but you've already mini tubbed it so people would think there would be stout small block or something, im really interested in it but not for the price you want and i have to finish it too.......good luck
    it ain't tubbed and screw a sbc the only reason its in there is for the fact it is the og #matching one, i have plenty of aluminum headed bbc's i could throw in it or include in the sale. and if any of you have ever turned your own wrenches or restored cars you would know it ain't cheap and it's alot of work, and by the way the car could be finished forunder $4000.

vee-driven
    I sat down and thought about this for a few min. and this is what i come up with, let me break it down for you;
    $6500, beater 65 ss chevelle.
    $10,000 for 3 stage paint and every panel gone over repaired cut out or replaced.
    $350 aluminum radiator.
    $1000 for rebuild on stock 283 with some aftermarket parts.
    $1200 steve sharp 350 trans and converter.
    $1000 rearend rebuilt, race axles narrowed slightly, to fit weld wheels.
    $1600 2 piece weld drag wheels and tires.
    $350 drive line service drive shaft.
    $500 painless wiring.
    $750 complete power disk brakes.
    $500 steering and suspension rebuild.
    $400 SS buckets, cuz someone thought honda seats were cool.
    $500 extra, bolt on 4" cowl hood painted to match.
    $400 new fuel system.
    $2000 rough estimate of other misc. shit that adds up.
    total $27,050 not to mention labor and you think i'm outta line!
    "the more you spend now, the less you'll spend later!"
    Oh and the responses from you guys priceless.

RitcheyRch
    Car looks nice. You should tow it out to Pomona tomorrow to try and sell it.

boatnam3
    [QUOTE=vee-driven;2336442]I sat down and thought about this for a few min. and this is what i come up with, let me break it down for you;
    $6500, beater 65 ss chevelle.
    $10,000 for 3 stage paint and every panel gone over repaired cut out or replaced.
    $350 aluminum radiator.
    $1000 for rebuild on stock 283 with some aftermarket parts.
    $1200 steve sharp 350 trans and converter.
    is old steve sharp around...he use to build my trannys in my hotrods 10 years ago.hew use to be in torrance.

Dribble
    Dude, if this was a killer deal you wouldnt be selling it on a friggen boating forum...there are hundreds and hundreds of classic/muscle car forums.....that would laugh at you selling a half complete car for full price. And dont give me the "if it sells it does, if it doesnt i'll keep it" crap, of course you'l keep it what other choice do you have??????
    He could lower the price.

Phat Daddy
    Beautiful car! Paint looks real good. I'm willing to bet the vast majority of the negative comments come from people that have no idea the time and money it takes to put a true show quality paint job on something. If anybody can find a true show ready chevelle for eighteen grand, they better jump on every one they can buy. There are not very many out there. Good luck with the sale.
    I don't want to sound negative but $18k is a stretch.
    I do have some idea what it takes. Me and my dad have a 66 Chevelle that we bought for $7k in decent shape. We have dropped about $8k into it so far and we probably have another $3k to go.
    We also have a 66 Chevy pickup that we're doing a frame off restore. We have about $25k and over 2 years into it. So I have some idea.
    Do a search for a 65 Chevelle and see what you find...like I said $17-$19k complete. It is always hard to get back what you put into these cars. Most of the time you just cut your losses before you get to deep into it.

carreraelite
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1965-...hZ003QQcategor yZ6170QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast