Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: 1965 chevelle ss for sale!!

ap67et10
    its really not even worth trying to sell a muscle car like yours on a board like this. then again it kind of sound like you don't completely know what you have. i'm so glad beernut actually got all the facts right about a 65 ss and z16, but even still the 65 ss chevelle (especially the 4 speed car) is one of the most sought after muscle cars right now. first gen camaros are outrageously priced and same with 70 ss chevelles, 66-67's are following in the 70's foot steps. so the average joe car lover is looking for the next best thing....64-65 chevelles! But even still the muscle car market is becoming so outrageous with the kind of money its bringing that you better know what you have/want, know what you are doing, and know who to buy/sell from/to. You have a ton of nice things about your car but the market you are trying to sell to isn't interested in finishing the car...they want to buy it done and they are willing to pay the price for it. your car could easily pull 25k-30k with it finished. And the way it sits its probably actually worth about what you are trying to sell it for, but its going to be soo hard to find someone that would want to pay that much to finish what someone else started. you'd have more luck trying to sell a beater for 10k not because its worth that, but because the people looking to buy it are looking for something they can get for fairly cheap and put the rest of their money into to fixing it up the way they want. You are in a tough market the way that car sits, but its a super hot item right now you just need to find the person that LOVES it and wants to finish it. I'd suggest putting 3k into it and finish the int. and all the little stuff then sell it for 25k. as completed and ready to go, or better yet (in my mind) keep it and watch the value go up...its not showing any sign of stopping now. whatever you decide good luck...its a beautiful car. i hope to see my $300 64 chevelle get to that point someday. but its just sitting on a trailer covered up like it has been since i bought it...except now its worth about 4k more than what i bought it for. nice little return on 300 dollars over 2.5 yrs huh?? i don't know any CD that can do that!

vee-driven
    i just put it out there for sale the way it was, if nobody wants it then i will finish it with a bbc 4 0r 6 speed trans and cruise it with a 30k plus price tag i know what the classic cars are worth and you do too.

Bigern
    Nice ride, I have a 65ss, 66ss, both under restoration, your right, a lot of people don't work on their own stuff

Why is everyone slammin this guy?
    If you don't want to give him $18,000 then don't and find another car. I think its pretty nice (from the pictures). The paint has be worth something and we all know "reall ss chevelles" continue to go up in value every day.
    vee-driven, I can't imagine why you would want to sell that thing but stay the course and be patient.
    Any way you look at it, back to the top!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567