Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rhinos challenged

ramsfan
    I was told that just the mention of the word Rhino on this site would get things going for over a month, so here it is do you like you rhino and what do you like the most. Do you think your is one of the best when it comes to Rhinos if so post here with the reasons why.
    dont forget to check out this thread also
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137949

djunkie
    Do you have any idea of what you are getting yourself into?
    I can hear the jeep lovin, Rhino hatin people bitin at the lip. :devil:

TheCarDudes
    I don't think you'll get anybody to start bragging about who thinks their Rhino is the best here. HB is just a nice home grown community of humble people that only post praise about other peoples stuff. You will be very hard up to find ANYONE saying their boat is faster than yours, their wife is the prettiest, their house is the biggest, much less get anybody to say that they have the best Rhino......
    .NOT .......... (Borat Voice)
    Let the games begin !!!!!!:devil:
    I will be jumping in the mix much later since I have a Jeep.

ramsfan
    I don't think you'll get anybody to start bragging about who thinks their Rhino is the best here. HB is just a nice home grown community of humble people that only post praise about other peoples stuff. You will be very hard up to find ANYONE saying their boat is faster than yours, their wife is the prettiest, their house is the biggest, much less get anybody to say that they have the best Rhino......
    .NOT .......... (Borat Voice)
    Let the games begin !!!!!!:devil:
    I will be jumping in the mix much later since I have a Jeep.
    I am a jeep fan myself but I can ride my ranger farther and cheaper (to fix, cost on fuel) I have done something like get a little deep in the water in my jeep and it was 5000.00 to fix it where my Ranger was just an oil change and new filters drain all fluids and refill raise my air tubes and done. I bet I didnt sped over 150.00 to get all that done so I converted to using my jeep only when neccesary, Plus in my Ranger I can carry six people easy and still hit the smaller trail areas.

djunkie
    I am a jeep fan myself but I can ride my ranger farther and cheaper (to fix, cost on fuel) I have done something like get a little deep in the water in my jeep and it was 5000.00 to fix it where my Ranger was just an oil change and new filters drain all fluids and refill raise my air tubes and done. I bet I didnt sped over 150.00 to get all that done so I converted to using my jeep only when neccesary, Plus in my Ranger I can carry six people easy and still hit the smaller trail areas.
    You trying to reason with the jeep guys? Trust me, it won't work.

TheCarDudes
    01 Cherokee. 6" lift. 33" MTR's. ARB lockers. winch. Plus, plus, plus. Just the basic stuff to make me pretty capable.
    Never had a problem fitting on any trails or following and Rhinos or Polaris or anything. It's also nice to get off the trail and have the option to drive home (Havi), or to Parker, or to Laughlin, or to Vegas or ALL THE WAY home to California. It's also VERY nice to get to a destination and hit the lock button the the remote and not have to worry about any of my stuff being ripped off.
    As for the water deal. Don't really go for the lake with the Jeep. I save the boat for that. I usually head for the hills to do some rock crawling. But, to each his own.
    Oh yeah, did I mention A/C.

djunkie
    01 Cherokee. 6" lift. 33" MTR's. ARB lockers. winch. Plus, plus, plus. Just the basic stuff to make me pretty capable.
    Never had a problem fitting on any trails or following and Rhinos or Polaris or anything. It's also nice to get off the trail and have the option to drive home (Havi), or to Parker, or to Laughlin, or to Vegas or ALL THE WAY home to California. It's also VERY nice to get to a destination and hit the lock button the the remote and not have to worry about any of my stuff being ripped off.
    As for the water deal. Don't really go for the lake with the Jeep. I save the boat for that. I usually head for the hills to do some rock crawling. But, to each his own.
    Jeeps are great. Just different than a RHino. I don't know why people even compare them. I wanted a quad, but then I would have had to buy my g/f one too so she can ride with me. Well she didn't want to ride so the Rhino was my next option. Don't think that jeep will go on any quad trail cause it won't. Heres a trail that I know for sure that it won't make it through.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1168731264
    Another great thing about the Rhino. No need for a trailer if you have a full size truck.

ramsfan
    I was out hunting driving down on the river bottom and the water was just a little ove anckle deep I stopped to let a buck and doe cross in front and I watched where they went and as I started to go again it wouldnt budge the water pushed andpulled all the sand from around the tire causing a quicksand effect and next thin I know I am almost half way up the door I climbed out and called my wife with her jeep and she came down and high centered it coming down into the bottoms. Let me remind you this was 2005 during fall deer season and the water was freezing cold and by time we got hers out and couldnt find an easy way at night to get to my jeep. So I walked back down there to get my keys and shut off the jeep. by time I got there it was over the door handles and the entire interiour was under the water. I reach in the jeep it was still sputtering and shut it off and walked back up to where my wife was and we went home the next day a guy with a john deer tractor with front extending forks for hay bales made his way down pushing trees and brush out to make a path then we used the fork to lift the rear end out and tie onto and then pulled it out and 5000.00 later had it up and running again the cost of the repair I bought the Ranger and havnt had that problem since.
    Oh and as for the drive it home thing that is if something doesnt break, if it does it is alot harder to get it out and back home then a ranger or rhino I can pull my ranger out with a 4x4 four wheeler andput it on the trailer and go home with a jeep that didnt have any risk of getting broke

ramsfan
    Jeeps are great. Just different than a RHino. I don't know why people even compare them. I wanted a quad, but then I would have had to buy my g/f one too so she can ride with me. Well she didn't want to ride so the Rhino was my next option. Don't think that jeep will go on any quad trail cause it won't. Heres a trail that I know for sure that it won't make it through.
    Another great thing about the Rhino. No need for a trailer if you have a full size truck.
    that picture witht the rhino in the truck looked cool my only concern is how much weight is the gate able to handle, Oh and I like the truck it looks pretty sharp with a ride like that in the back

djunkie
    that picture witht the rhino in the truck looked cool my only concern is how much weight is the gate able to handle, Oh and I like the truck it looks pretty sharp with a ride like that in the back
    The rear of the Rhino is on jack stands. I use straps as a backup on the tailgate too when loading it. Haven't had a problem yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast