Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Stand off box

Deano
    okay, well there is a 30' daytona in spam with boxes. has 2 496hos.. not anywhere near 750hp. why would eliminator put them on it then. what purpose would that serve it?
    I don't think eliminator has the talon bottom that he was refering to.
    The drive has more leverage to the hull with the box. Cleaner/higher water off the bottom of the boat at speed....

andy01
    his name is Tim. He is a friend of Terry Mumford.
    I hope Tim got all the information/questions answered today with Gary.
    Andy

andy01
    okay, well there is a 30' daytona in spam with boxes. has 2 496hos.. not anywhere near 750hp. why would eliminator put them on it then. what purpose would that serve it?
    I don't think eliminator has the talon bottom that he was refering to.
    The drive has more leverage to the hull with the box. Cleaner/higher water off the bottom of the boat at speed....
    And with the cleaner water it can help get some of the bigger boats on plane with the prop shaft being further back.

mrs.rvrluvr
    ANDYO1 huby talked to Gary today. Very Very happy He called me today and couldn't say enough nice things about Gary. We are going to put the whipple on it at his shop we are just trying to figure out when. If you talk to him (sounds like your good friends) please say thanx for us my huby was really happy with the time he spent on the phone answering his dumb questions. Sounds like a super cool guy.

Dave C
    LOL good one.
    Just so long as you got the sarcasm is all that matters.
    RD

Antisocial
    I took a 28 daytona for a test run with standoffs & twin 496hos. it didnt have any problem getting up on plane but it seemed to take the chop hard in sarasota bay. i bought one with the same setup only no boxes.. my boat is a pain to get up on plane. but i think it rides better... 02.:idea:

sleek willy
    I'm running a 12" IMCO box. Saw no speed gains , but I did not lose any. Hydraulic steering installation is way clean and and handleing is great. Blew up the Bravo one, installing a new xr w/ 2" imco shorty. Yes, this is a can of worms. I do believe the combination of the extended torsion shaft and merc coupler could have helped save my motor when the drive siezed at 5600 rpm.
    I am told that 12" back = 3" down. I raised motor mounts 1" ,the 2" shorty should bring me back to the ideal prop depth. Is it all worth it??? Probubly not. The only dramatic changes you see may be negative.

DMOORE
    I'm running a 12" IMCO box. Saw no speed gains , but I did not lose any. Hydraulic steering installation is way clean and and handleing is great. Blew up the Bravo one, installing a new xr w/ 2" imco shorty. Yes, this is a can of worms. I do believe the combination of the extended torsion shaft and merc coupler could have helped save my motor when the drive siezed at 5600 rpm.
    I am told that 12" back = 3" down. I raised motor mounts 1" ,the 2" shorty should bring me back to the ideal prop depth. Is it all worth it??? Probubly not. The only dramatic changes you see may be negative.
    SLEEKWILLY,
    Thanks for the info. It's always good to hear from people who have actually given something a try with real world experiance.
    Darrell.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234