Thread: lucky mofo

Blown 472

Bow Tie Omega
    That was insane. When I worked on the Trauma Team at Palomar, there was this guy that came in as a trauma. He was in the back of a pickup with a snugtop. He was in the back sleeping, the other three occupants were all drunk, but up front and in seat belts. They rolled their truck 8 times right before the border check in Temecula. All of the seat belted occupants died on the scene, the guy in the bed of the truck was ejected from the truck when the snug top hit the pavement and broke apart in a million pieces, he was thrown and landed on his feet running, there were 3 witnesses including a border patrol officer. All this guy had was a little hematoma on his head from hitting the snugtop when the truck tipped. he went home two hours later. Now I have an idea of what it must have looked like. When it is not your time to go, it is not your time.

In the immortal words of Evil Knievil "Im OK".

Moneypitt
    That clip went through here a while back. The general response was "What was that thing doing on the track to begin with?" You can see the wheel hop as he leaves the line, and it appears he got back on the gas after crossing the centerline. How could it get through tech and not have actual seatbelts? IMO it was a train wreck waiting to happen, and he was very lucky indeed.........MP

78Eliminator
    That was probably the most insane wreck I have ever seen. It's hard to find him when he first departs the car.