Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pool help- below freezing

Ms.Havasu
    Our pool motor was making all kinds of noise last night...sounded like it was trying to start but wouldn't prime.Pool is set to pump between 9am and 3pm, but it was trying to turn on by itself at 5am. We turned off all power to it tonight and figured we would just turn it back on tomorrow afternoon when everything thaws out again. Are we wrong to do that? Sould we turn on the pump and let it run all night so it doesn't freeze?
    HELP!!!

Kachina26
    Run it, unless it has an auto run for freeze protection.

BajaMike
    Once it thaws out in the day time I would let it run until these cold nights are done.

boatnam3
    ours has freeze protection and turns itself on at night.

Ms.Havasu
    I think ours was trying to turn on (freeze protection) but wouldn't prime because the lines were already frozen. I think I will go back out there and turn it on and let it run all night and then turn it off during the day when it's warmer. Does that sound about right?

IT'SONLYMONEY
    don't run the pool until the heat of the day. by 3pm it should be ok to run just make sure to cover all the pump and lines etc at night with some heavy towls or tarps or throw down tarps for painting. it helps

TheCarDudes
    Hey Michele. Hows that Direct TV.

Ms.Havasu
    don't run the pool until the heat of the day. by 3pm it should be ok to run just make sure to cover all the pump and lines etc at night with some heavy towls or tarps or throw down tarps for painting. it helps
    I WAS THINKING THE REASON IT WAS TRYING TO TURN ITSELF ON WAS TO KEEP WATER RUNNING THROUGH THE PIPES SO IT WOULDN'T FREEZE.
    I just turned the pool back on, now I'm confused. If we leave it turned off and water freezes in the pipes, won't it expand causing all kinds of problems.
    Any pool guys know for sure if we should kill the power or not?

Ms.Havasu
    Hey Michele. Hows that Direct TV.
    Wow what a picture. I miss our local news though.

TheCarDudes
    Just to get the local news can't you run an air antenna? Maybe?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast