Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pool help- below freezing

Ms.Havasu
    Just to get the local news can't you run an air antenna? Maybe?
    I might not even need an antenna, Rabbit ears might do the job.

slowinhavasu
    I just went and turned ours on, our half full above ground spa is frozen a little....Thanks...

Cas
    I WAS THINKING THE REASON IT WAS TRYING TO TURN ITSELF ON WAS TO KEEP WATER RUNNING THROUGH THE PIPES SO IT WOULDN'T FREEZE.
    I just turned the pool back on, now I'm confused. If we leave it turned off and water freezes in the pipes, won't it expand causing all kinds of problems.
    Any pool guys know for sure if we should kill the power or not?
    let it run. You are correct about the expansion causing possible damage but, covering it with cloth tarps/blankets/towels is advisable also.

Ms.Havasu
    My neighbor saw this post and came over to help us with the pool issue. It's cold out and that was very nice of him.
    Just thought I would say Thank you.

framer1
    Our pool motor was making all kinds of noise last night...sounded like it was trying to start but wouldn't prime.Pool is set to pump between 9am and 3pm, but it was trying to turn on by itself at 5am. We turned off all power to it tonight and figured we would just turn it back on tomorrow afternoon when everything thaws out again. Are we wrong to do that? Sould we turn on the pump and let it run all night so it doesn't freeze?
    HELP!!!
    To help fight the freezing temps, we changed the pump time to 3am to 9am from 2pm to 7pm it seem to help. The coldest time of the day is right when the sun starts coming up. I like the water moving at that time.

boatnam3
    well ours turned on last night and is still on.31 degrees outside pool is 42.

rmarion
    ours has freeze protection and turns itself on at night.
    ditto

acatitude
    my pool guy changed my run times to at night until this cold gets over hoping nothing will freeze up during the cold nights since it will be running then off during day when a little warmer

INSman
    My neighbor saw this post and came over to help us with the pool issue. It's cold out and that was very nice of him.
    Just thought I would say Thank you.
    Always thinking of yourselves Good thing I don't have a pool out there :2purples:

BEER&WATER
    mine to

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast