I am in the market for a "New to Me" used boat....there is one that I saw online and was interested in it, so I went to check it out. It was stored at a marina and the owner couldn't meet me there so we set it up for a marina manager to show it to me. The boat was in decent condition, new power with only 20 hrs, however I did have a few concerns...
1) the Port side fender on the trailer was damaged (tripple axle) and will need to be replaced
2) two of the gauges had cracked lenses
3) the trailer could use new tires (again that's 6 tires) but the 2 spares looked good.
4) the aluminum rub rail on the back port side had a couple decent gashes in it
5) there were three evident stress cracks in the gel coat, one above the cabin door, one where the windshield meets the gunwale and one between two of the fresh air intake vents on the port side
6) inside the cabin there were a few minor dings in the gelcoat near the counter (looked like things had fallen while under way)
7) couple of tiny nicks in the bolsters and rear bench upholstry
This boat is in the $90-110,000 range but I think he needs to come down a ways...what is the approximate value of these repairs or should I forget it and keep on looking for something "less abused"