Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Ski Boat

blown65
    We had some older Supras that were great. Our current Centurion Enzo has been a good boat. Little underpowered (6.2 Scorpion 330hp) but otherwise a nice boat.
    Friend of ours had a Tige, what a crappy ass riding boat that was. If your in a hurry (cant really be in much of one is a wakeboard boat but anyways) that thing hoppity hopped so bad it was making me nervous my daughter was going to go flying out the bow. (Newer Tige at that too 04 or 05 model I believe.)

V-DRIVE VIDEO
    Wow, I peeked in excited to talk about ski boats just to find it was mostly about wakeboard type boats. Over the last few years I have been "skiing" behind a number of different boats. I have to say of all the boats I have been pulled by my favorite of the newer boats was a gecko. The biggest disappointment was a brand new Mastercraft. The wake was uncomfortable until you got into shortline stuff and then you would get hit from the spray coming off the boat. Oddly my favorite boat to ski behind is a little flat bottom v-drive. I have been skiing behind them for twenty years now. (Although I have to admit that for the family atmosphere they are about the worst things on the lake and the conditions have to be perfect).
    Paul
    P.S. It is nice to see people on this site that believe there is more to a boat than going fast and getting drunk.
    Great post Paul,
    I have skiied behind mastercrafts, nautiques and an assortment of other boats throughout the course of my amature water skiing career.
    I still prefer a v-drive flatbottom. It is harder to get in and out of and the swim step ease is nice on the tournament boats but,,, I don't mind trading that for the ride from a flatty. My wife on the other hand prefers the tournament boat for its ease and comfort but thats how girls are...
    JG

superdave013
    I hear you on that. I have some new fat sac's that should make my wake huge this year. I have a 26.6ft Crownline. I like a lot of the wakeboard boat features, but just can't go back to a small boat. Hell, most of the time I wish my boat was bigger.
    everyone else on this earth hates your fag, opps, I mean fat sacks. lol

Cole Sanger
    everyone else on this earth hates your fag, opps, I mean fat sacks. lol
    Great post...makes me want to buy your products. For your information, I had two 72 Sanger Flat bottoms and a Mouzer 72 Hondo before my new boat. Not that it matters. Thanks for your opinion though.

HM
    Great post...makes me want to buy your products. For your information, I had two 72 Sanger Flat bottoms and a Mouzer 72 Hondo before my new boat. Not that it matters. Thanks for your opinion though.
    If you are serious about boarding, then nothing is like the tourny wake boarding boats. The wakes are not just big, but they have a superior shape for clean predictable launches. My buddy and I did the ballast systems in standard i/o boats and that worked fine. He bought a 23 Tige' and we didn't want to ride behind anything else. We were boarding nearly every day. I like the Tige' as the wake is very wide...so you can do longer jumps and still land on the transition. The mastercrafts tend to have a narrower wake, but the wake is peaked more giving you more verticle lift at slower speeds...so you don't have to cut as quick to pull the same tricks. But, once you get used to the timing, it is a bit of an adjustment to change boats. I also liked the Malibu boats.
    Also, perfect pass is a must. It will hold speeds better than the best drivers, and now the worst drivers can pull you at a constant speed. It can't do anything about them not driving straight.
    Now, I am just a middle aged fat ass and I am excited when I can pull a toe side wake to wake without face planting.

DMOORE
    If you are into skiing, nothing beats a direct drive. My wife LOVES skiing, my boys and I are into wake boarding. Here's the problem, a ski boat will make a good wakeboard boat(just add tower and weight). But a wakeboard boat will NOT make a good ski boat(wake is always too big)..Believe me I tried a lot. Ski Centurian has one of the best bottoms ever made for a Comp-ski boat. So we went the direct drive route, 1987 Ski Centurian (oldie but a goodie) and added a tower. We have had the boat for years it's a great little boat. 21 ft, gives you plenty of room to move around, and will rip your arms off with 6 people onboard. They just shoot out of the water. They still make the hull, not sure of the name, but very reasonable cost wise.
    Darrell.

If you are into skiing, nothing beats a direct drive. My wife LOVES skiing, my boys and I are into wake boarding. Here's the problem, a ski boat will make a good wakeboard boat(just add tower and weight). But a wakeboard boat will NOT make a good ski boat(wake is always too big)..Believe me I tried a lot. Ski Centurian has one of the best bottoms ever made for a Comp-ski boat. So we went the direct drive route, 1987 Ski Centurian (oldie but a goodie) and added a tower. We have had the boat for years it's a great little boat. 21 ft, gives you plenty of room to move around, and will rip your arms off with 6 people onboard. They just shoot out of the water. They still make the hull, not sure of the name, but very reasonable cost wise.
    Darrell.
    Post 1987 Ski Centurion hull has always been one of my favorite boats, Tigr'e was the same hull.
    I am with Jerry on this one. If you are a hardcore slalom skier, nothing beats the wake behind a flat bottom v-drive. Just ask Bob LaPoint.

78Eliminator
    Ski Centurion Barefoot Warrior 1990 model year. Had a ton of fun with that boat when I was a kid! This is me at the Colorado River in 1990 about 5 miles south of Walters Camp. Was just me, my dad and friend. We would ski all day long, only to take a few breaks on the sand bar. Check out the 80s style swim trunks LOL!!!!!!!!! The boat was a god damn monster. You could pull up 3 skiers at the same time with that prop. The product literature showed the boat towing 7 skiers simultaneously. I would buy this boat again if I come across a deal.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../Centurion.jpg

votech
    we had that same boat for around 7 years it was truley a great boat. ours was torquise/white,we used to go from oxbow to just past walters all the time,the water so good there,got a sanger barefoot w/225 now also a great boat

superdave013
    lol, no worries.
    I say that because of the increased damage that happens to my parents seawalls and docks.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast