Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boat Industry in trouble????????

ClownRoyal
    NOPE, Not true,
    He has to wait in line just like everyone else does. First come first served
    Not so fast my friend.
    When my boat was being built at least one 32 slipped in front of me at the last minute. So, if someone wants a boat now and is will to pay retail then Dave will find a way. That includes Extreme Marine.

Charley
    Not so fast my friend.
    When my boat was being built at least one 32 slipped in front of me at the last minute. So, if someone wants a boat now and is will to pay retail then Dave will find a way. That includes Extreme Marine.
    Dave does not build boats in the order of when the deposits were recieved, it is much more in the order of when the gel coat designs were recieved.

Havasu1986
    Dave does not build boats in the order of when the deposits were recieved, it is much more in the order of when the gel coat designs were recieved.
    Makes sense...kinda hard to make a boat if you don't know what it looks like.
    Charley..M. Villas house is already framed. Hope to be done by July.

Throttle
    Not so fast my friend.
    Say it isn't so...
    wuzz up stranger, u cold? good thing u got that day on the lake cuz there has not been a day like that since...

shueman
    Lot's of boats have been purchased with cash out refi's and equity lines of credit. At least in the southwest where our homes have done 20% for a few years, and in some cases doubled and tripled in value over 7 years.
    Those days are over. The times when you made more money just owning your home than you did going to work. That made people feel rich. Now that prices have essentially stopped climbing, and in some cases come down ten to fifteen percent, folks don't feel so wealthy anymore.
    I think that's a big portion of us out there. Sure there's big ballers who can write a check for a new DCB, but they aren't lining up to buy Aftershocks and Orions and Lightnings. We'll see how it all shakes out in the coming year.
    Damm, I hate it when your right....again & again....

Lot's of boats have been purchased with cash out refi's and equity lines of credit. At least in the southwest where our homes have done 20% for a few years, and in some cases doubled and tripled in value over 7 years.
    Those days are over. The times when you made more money just owning your home than you did going to work. That made people feel rich. Now that prices have essentially stopped climbing, and in some cases come down ten to fifteen percent, folks don't feel so wealthy anymore.
    I think that's a big portion of us out there. Sure there's big ballers who can write a check for a new DCB, but they aren't lining up to buy Aftershocks and Orions and Lightnings. We'll see how it all shakes out in the coming year.
    this about sums it up, too many got in way over their heads overspending cash they didn't really have and will be forced into selling off their toys just to keep the house. with a flood of slightly used boats on the market now and coming spring new boats will be less in demand.
    Pretty damn close I'd say. There are many smaller builders and dealers that are "very" below normal right now in terms of sales. And also some that are not or are little affected. The number of used boats on the market (that aren't selling well themselves) is a big indicator of the above. I've also noticed there are a lot of "later model" used boats on the market, further reinforcing Mandy's theory.

voodoomedman
    Pretty damn close I'd say. There are many smaller builders and dealers that are "very" below normal right now in terms of sales. And also some that are not or are little affected. The number of used boats on the market (that aren't selling well themselves) is a big indicator of the above. I've also noticed there are a lot of "later model" used boats on the market, further reinforcing Mandy's theory.
    Yeah well mine boat is my boat and is staying in the garage in Havi. But yeah I agree. If you really want an eye opening go visit other parts of the country. And I don't mean go to New York or other large metropolis'. When I was in South Carolina most cars were from the big 3 and weren't tricked out with aftermarket accessories. Trucks were not lifted and most had 4x4 for function to get through their muddy driveways and such during winter. Boats on the lakes were ski boats or pontoons. Basically people bought what they needed and what they wanted to make them happy. Not get overextended to show off to everyone else what they have.

Not get overextended to show off to everyone else what they have.
    Oh cmon now, no one in Cali would do such a thing...

voodoomedman
    Oh cmon now, no one in Cali would do such a thing...
    It's true! I saw your billboard on the 10 out in the desert and decided to leverage the equity on both of my houses so I could put up a bigger and better billboard than yours.
    It will simply say...................
    RD Sux

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123