Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: How about a religious debate?

78Eliminator
    George Carlin put it pretty well: "My god has a bigger dick than your god."
    Bunch on nonsense for the ignorant.

Blown 472
    Couple questions blown,
    A few examples please. While your at it, explain how atheism is NOT shoved down our throats as well. Or is it you dont mind since you agree?
    Your answer to the above question will shed light on this..
    Karl Marx is also the framer for communism. Obviously you support such thinking. Oh, and dont forget Nische either. Combined total amongst these two athiests and their government implemented beliefs, the last century was the bloodiest in human history.
    Funny I have never had an atheist come to my door push his stuff, nor have I seen them on tv saying if you dont send me money god will punish them, nor have I seen them outside an abortion clinic protesting or shooting people or burning the building down all in the name of god.
    I quote someone and that makes me a follower of his thinking? pretty lame there, but since you are on the subject, these "athiests" killed folks? lest you forget what religon what responsible for one of the greatest genocides, the jews killed how many christians during the bolshevik revolution but you fail to mention that.
    Any thing else you care to discuss? what about the killing of people for not converting to a said religon? perhaps the cursades ring a bell? you know that time in history where things like the iron maiden came into play, and putting people in foot locks and burning their feet for not converting? or cutting womens breasts off for not converting? nice folks you have chosen to align yourself with?
    Perhaps you could answer me this, if religon was meant to help people and to shun material objects and not to lust for them, then why in the catherial de notra dame is there a diamond crusted ball and other gold objects?

Old Texan
    Funny I have never had an atheist come to my door push his stuff, nor have I seen them on tv saying if you dont send me money god will punish them, nor have I seen them outside an abortion clinic protesting or shooting people or burning the building down all in the name of god.
    I quote someone and that makes me a follower of his thinking? pretty lame there, but since you are on the subject, these "athiests" killed folks? lest you forget what religon what responsible for one of the greatest genocides, the jews killed how many christians during the bolshevik revolution but you fail to mention that.
    Any thing else you care to discuss? what about the killing of people for not converting to a said religon? perhaps the cursades ring a bell? you know that time in history where things like the iron maiden came into play, and putting people in foot locks and burning their feet for not converting? or cutting womens breasts off for not converting? nice folks you have chosen to align yourself with?
    Perhaps you could answer me this, if religon was meant to help people and to shun material objects and not to lust for them, then why in the catherial de notra dame is there a diamond crusted ball and other gold objects?
    Don't forget the Puritans and why the first settlers to that region left England. It was all over squabbles within the church.

QuickJet
    Religion is like aids, keep it to yourself and no one gets hurt!!!! Try to spread it and death will soon follow.

Kurtis500
    nor have I seen them on tv saying if you dont send me money god will punish them, nor have I seen them outside an abortion clinic protesting or shooting people or burning the building down all in the name of god.
    Two different things. Doing something in the name of God and doing as God would do can be seperate issues. Surely you can make that distinction yourself.
    Funny I have never had an atheist come to my door push his stuff,
    No, but we have them to shove it in our mouths in other ways. Atheism is beligerant in removing/censoring the word God from any public display. This involves symbols, seasonal literature, coins, the pledge and etc. Such a move is nothing short of aggressive and seeks to censor information recieved by all the public, including children. Fighting so hard to remove the mention of God in public schools is self-revealing. This agenda is most apparent in the forceful acceptance of theories such as evolution, materialsim, naturalism and the likes. Atheist promoters demand full acceptance of thier beliefs and vigorously fight off any alternatives. But then again, i guess their open minded??
    I quote someone and that makes me a follower of his thinking? pretty lame there,
    Correct. Since you would imply the same about someone who quotes Christ, why do you feel exempt.
    but since you are on the subject, these "athiests" killed folks?
    A distinction is in order here. People have killed directly for thier religious and non-religious beliefs in the past. More commonly, religious and non-religious beliefs have played central roles in establishing government doctrines. The prime example of these are Marxist and Nieche philosophies and those of our country forefathers.
    lest you forget what religon what responsible for one of the greatest genocides, the jews killed how many christians during the bolshevik revolution but you fail to mention that.
    I am guessing the first portion of your quote is referencing the bolshevik revolution. Here, you have attempted to dismiss the puprose of the revolution which was godless, marxism/communism, and tried to label individuals by their lineage. Shooting past the overarching theme to label the cause on specific people is another lousy side-stepping attempt. Jewish decent and Jewish belief are nothing in the same.
    Any thing else you care to discuss? what about the killing of people for not converting to a said religon? perhaps the cursades ring a bell? you know that time in history where things like the iron maiden came into play, and putting people in foot locks and burning their feet for not converting? or cutting womens breasts off for not converting?
    Clearly, the ancient catholic church has some explaining to do in these areas. The church carried out executions and the like (Inquisition) in the past over heresy and other issues. The multiple crusades were each motivated by different themes. One crusade made it as far as Constantinople and stopped, later to fight other Christians. At one point, the Pope launched a crusade saying eternal salvation will be for those who join. Following biblically, God promises punishment for such actions and beliefs. There is a clear departure from their claimed beliefs.
    nice folks you have chosen to align yourself with?
    I prefer not to be in the group of atheist/communists who have spread their godless beliefs with the sword/gun.
    Communism is the athiests great compliment to humanity, tens of millions dead and counting. You can have em.
    Very weak corelation here. Is a church not allowed to own something made of gold or diamonds? Simply because you may lust for them, doesn't mean they acquired them in the same fashion.
    I suppose you can reference to me where people are to shun material objects? food, water and etc. are material objects as well.

OKIE-JET
    Seems like blown did a fairly good job on his post, it does hit home when millions have perished due to religious quables....funny yet not so funny that all religions seem to preach peace and patience, and that killing for any reason is not wise for the soul. I have religious beliefs as well, but not tryin to shove it on everyone else, and certainly am not gonna kill em over it either.

Poster X
    No, but we have them to shove it in our mouths in other ways. Atheism is beligerant in removing/censoring the word God from any public display. This involves symbols, seasonal literature, coins, the pledge and etc. Such a move is nothing short of aggressive and seeks to censor information recieved by all the public, including children. Fighting so hard to remove the mention of God in public schools is self-revealing. This agenda is most apparent in the forceful acceptance of theories such as evolution, materialsim, naturalism and the likes. Atheist promoters demand full acceptance of thier beliefs and vigorously fight off any alternatives. But then again, i guess their open minded??
    I don't remember any proposed legislation to for a competing atheist view? They just don't want religion implied as fact when it's a belief system.

Kurtis500
    I don't remember any proposed legislation to for a competing atheist view? They just don't want religion implied as fact when it's a belief system.
    Evolution, materialism and naturalism are belief systems as well. They are not fact.

Old Texan
    Evolution, materialism and naturalism are belief systems as well. They are not fact.
    Please define materialism and naturalism in order to understand your statement. Evolution I understand. Thanks

eliminatedsprinter
    It often amazes me that many of those who so clearly see the need for the seperation of church and state (a concept I support) are not capable of understanding the need for the seperation of economics and state. Even though both are needed for the very same reason.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast