Thread: outboard conversion

78hallett-ss
    i know this is the wrong place to post this but i figured you would be the honest ones! i have a freind that has a 22' stoker tunnel. 89 needs interior and detail.. has 300 evinrude. the transom is in need of repair from the weight and he is not a big fan of the outboard... motor runs great but probalby could use servicing. he is thinking about putting a bbc in place... (has the motor and rigging needs drive) the hull repair and the conversion labor are the same... i think it is worth it to fix and sell... not convert. his long term concern is the outlawing of the 2 strokes at certain places and the poor fuel economy of the 300.... opinions??? also what is the outboard worth if he goes trough with it! has 3 spare props as well. i will find out hours etc.

78hallett-ss
    this motor is for sale! listed on ebay 2500 buy it now. 89 evinrude 300 runs good.

motion
    interested in the engine, did not see the ebay listing. how about a contact # ? thanks

Faceaz
    What did he end up doing? I tried to contact him about one of the props & some of the steering components, but he never replied. I have the same engine, so there was no interest there.

78hallett-ss
    i never recieved a message on my phone. pm me if you are still interested. i will call my brother to see if he still has everything.

Faceaz
    Let me know if he's interested. I was looking @ one of the 3 blade SS props & his steering setup (looks like he has a hydraulic unit), which would be great for my wife. I'd be willing to pay cash for the unit & also give him my old one so he still has a complete package to sell. He should try posting it over @ screamandfly, there's probably some interest over there. ~ Thanks,