Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooster tail behind bowrider

Rower4VT
    Anyone have pics of a rooster tail behind a bowrider...like a Baja, Crownline, Larson, etc.? Is it even possible, or are the drive typically mounted too low? I'm probably getting a 20' Larson with the 300hp 5.7 and Alpha drive and was just curious if I'll be able to kick up a rooster tail just for fun, without destroying the drive. Pics?

jbone
    If you want a roost, get a jet.
    J

Havasu Carrera
    :d

BDMar
    The only way you will get a rooster tail behind your boat is to trim is way beyond the trim limit. The boat will porpise and be very ill handleing.... even dangerous, then bring it in to us so we can replace the u-joints, gimbal bearing, and possibly the upper gear assy.

riverbound
    Anyone have pics of a rooster tail behind a bowrider...like a Baja, Crownline, Larson, etc.? Is it even possible, or are the drive typically mounted too low? I'm probably getting a 20' Larson with the 300hp 5.7 and Alpha drive and was just curious if I'll be able to kick up a rooster tail just for fun, without destroying the drive. Pics?
    like putting spinners on a yugo.

Tahiti350
    Was looking for the pic's of my Tahiti running at speed, got a little tail going, but nothing spectacular..... I'll keep looking.
    Found it, your results may vary..... :
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...66On_plane.JPG

dumbandyoung
    Larson??!?! what ..how about you give me 20 bucks then ill kick you in the balls. It would be less painfull

shockwaveharry
    My Shockwave is a "bowrider", 540ci/Bravo1. Click on the video link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOsSqDIKSlY) to see it! It's no Jet-O-Vator, but I still fit in on the lower river...

Havasu Carrera
    That does not sound or look like a 350 ci Larson!! lol Now I'm Jonesin for a river trip!

Havasu Carrera
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GizL3...elated&search=
    Here is a link to a roost like your describing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast