Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Hawaiian Part II

LynnsJet
    I was waiting for that. LOL
    That's the reason I bought a turn key boat because I figured I was too old for a long term project.
    L J

DelawareDave
    Gettin back on track. Had some delays, etc. Started removing the rotted floor. Glass on the floor wasn't even saturated with resin!
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../3062Hull5.JPG
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/.../3062Hull8.JPG
    Still more to remove, but enough for tonite.
    Made a sketch for future reference. Got materials ordered. I am going to try to get the new floor cut and fitted up this weekend, and everything sanded ready to go back in. I will start the stringers and transom after the floor is back in. I don't want to have a flopping hull while trying to work on it!

blown428fe
    Dave - Why did you end up splitting the boat?

Big Boys Toy PE857
    Anytime you see a shovel inside the boat you know something serious is going on. Good luck.

DelawareDave
    Dave - Why did you end up splitting the boat?
    After doing a similar project in the past, and having to squeeze my fat a** into the bow to work, I decided to remove the deck this time. The bow area is also a lot smaller than the last project. As it turned out, I found an area in the bow where the deck/hull joint was not bonded together. Someone had done some piss poor repairs to this boat previously. Like f/glass cloth laid right over the top of areas with no surface prep. Just slapped it on!

LynnsJet
    Your on you way now.
    Are you going to move the pump back while you have it out?
    Make sure you wife is aroung to take some pictures of you glueing that front deck back on. You still have a good chance of getting your Butt stuck up inside the bow before this thing is done. LOL. :rollside:
    Is she going to be ready for Lake Anna?
    L J

DelawareDave
    Your on you way now.
    Are you going to move the pump back while you have it out?
    Make sure you wife is aroung to take some pictures of you glueing that front deck back on. You still have a good chance of getting your Butt stuck up inside the bow before this thing is done. LOL. :rollside:
    Is she going to be ready for Lake Anna?
    L J
    I might just put her butt in the bow to glue it back together! I am putting the pump where it should have been in the first place. Them guys at Hawaiian, back in the 70's, musta smoked a lot of something!
    I hope it's ready for use this summer sometime, at least. I figure sometime in April it should be pretty much ready.

BigBlockBaja
    I might just put her butt in the bow to glue it back together! I am putting the pump where it should have been in the first place. Them guys at Hawaiian, back in the 70's, musta smoked a lot of something!
    I hope it's ready for use this summer sometime, at least. I figure sometime in April it should be pretty much ready.
    I bet once the spring/early summer weather hits ya, youll get in gear with that. That was my case when we had those nice days about a month ago.

DelawareDave
    I bet once the spring/early summer weather hits ya, youll get in gear with that. That was my case when we had those nice days about a month ago.
    Yeah- sunshine does get me motivated. I do have heat in the garage, but it just isn't the same. I was out there again today and got the rest of the floor out, as well as the center (keel) board. It was original, but not right. The floor sits on the inside surface of the lifting strakes. There was a board that went across the back end of the floor. The top of it was level with the bottom of the floor, and the strakes. But the center board was about a half inch low! And I put a straight edge, moving forward, and it varied up to 1 inch lower. The floor is supposed to be supported in the middle by the center board. How can it be supported if there is a 1 inch gap? But it was rotten, so it will be replaced, and done properly!

DelawareDave
    OK- The rest of the floor and the center board is out. This weekend, I'll be rolling her out of the garage, and start making dust. While it's outside, I'll start making the new floor.
    http://www.***boat.com/image_center/...3062Hull11.JPG

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast