Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh boy TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!

PHOTOGLOU
    Toyota recalls more vehicles in the U.S. than it sold last year prompting study of Vehicle Development Process
    Last year, Toyota recalled 2.38 million vehicles in the U.S. -- more than the 2.26 million vehicles Toyota sold in that year. This statistic resulted in a formal review by Toyota to determine what needed to change. After a two-month review of its product development process, the significant lessons learned include:
    1. Engineers in some cases may have rushed out products without conducting enough quality checks, nor building a sufficient number of physical prototypes.
    2. Toyota also concluded that it outsourced engineering perhaps more than it should have, and relied on computer-aided engineering and other computer analysis too much.
    3. Toyota is determined to build more physical prototypes in the future to quell recalls and quality glitches.
    Other actions taken as a result of the study include the decision to slow down Toyota's ambitious growth plans around the world. Each product plan in every market was reviewed to determine whether to delay, cancel, reallocate or proceed. This review was in response to product recalls and other quality problems.
    Even as it slows down the pace of new product introductions, Toyota still wants to extend its business in every segment (of the auto market) in every region of the world. Toyota sees its growth coming from three key efforts:
    1. To transform its Lexus premium brand, a North American-only franchise today, into a more global premium franchise;
    2. To launch low-cost $6,000 to $7,000 cars in emerging markets around the world;
    3. To develop commercial vans that would compete globally, including in Europe and North America. (Source: Wall Street Journal 12/11/2006)
    Despite the recalls at Toyota, GM brands still lag behind most of our transplant competition when it comes to the public's "trust" perception, according to Strategic Vision Inc.

OnlyMoney
    YOUR THREAD HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN JACKED!
    Glad to see you made it home...I have a feeling Nicole did her fair share of driving last night. Sorry I didn't do any of the shots you ordered....you'll never see someone puke so quickly......or wait, wasn't that Jordy's woman that did that!?!?!?!? :jawdrop:

PHOTOGLOU
    YOUR THREAD HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN JACKED!
    Glad to see you made it home...I have a feeling Nicole did her fair share of driving last night. Sorry I didn't do any of the shots you ordered....you'll never see someone puke so quickly......or wait, wasn't that Jordy's woman that did that!?!?!?!? :jawdrop:
    Actually I drove the first 3 1/2 hours she picked up the last 1 1/2 hours..... that was fun.....

OnlyMoney
    Actually I drove the first 3 1/2 hours she picked up the last 1 1/2 hours..... that was fun.....
    Awww, such a gentleman. I'll let you know when the Patron is headed your way. Good seeing you Jay.

MikeF
    Maybe you could expand on all the recalls to actually what problems there were?!
    This shows Chevy and Ford to be the highest in recalls from 1990 to 2007.........Doh....... (http://www.mycarstats.com/auto_Recal...TA_Recalls.asp)

MikeF
    Toyota complaints...............mostly interior, steering, tires.
    GM,Ford....brakes, powertrain, cooling.
    Even Dodge had less problems w/ those.
    1100 recalls to go.....maybe it will take them another 20 years to make that #.

Taylorman
    I think its a minor safety precaution. Better to see recalls than deaths. Remeber the Firestone tires and Ford. I still say Toyota is the best vehicle on the road.

Jetaholic
    I think its a minor safety precaution. Better to see recalls than deaths. Remeber the Firestone tires and Ford. I still say Toyota is the best vehicle on the road.
    Actually from what I have heard that wasn't Firestone's fault. I can't remember which model year did that, but apparently Ford didn't engineer the balance of the vehicle correctly and placed more weight on the driver side of the vehicle than on the passenger side, which would overload the tires in turns, eventually blowing them out.
    At least that's the story I got on it.

BADAXE
    Well you just failed "Sales 101".
    Never put down the other guy to make you look better. It's low class.

YeLLowBoaT
    yeah having the stiring shaft break is a minor safty issuse
    But that was just thier "trucks" yeah makes me want to go out and buy one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast