http://poetry.rotten.com/spiral/downward-spiral.jpg
Just read this on the news waddya think, same person?
http://www.missingpeople.net/helen_hallmark_p_cp.jpg
Missing Vancouver woman's murder sends ripples
across decades to daughter
Anyone who doubts that evil can reach across the years to touch the innocent should know about Chelsey George.
Now 21, George has always known she was adopted and even knew the name of her birth mother.
But she would not learn the whole truth until police turned up at her adopted parents' home in Langley, B.C.
They were seeking a DNA sample to match against remains found at Robert William Pickton's property in Coquitlam, B.C., in 2002.
Pickton is charged with 26 counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of women who disappeared from Vancouver's gritty Downtown Eastside.
One of them was Helen Hallmark, who gave Chelsey up when she was a year old.
Investigators had unsealed records of the 1986 adoption as part of their effort to match DNA.
Through her mother's death, the thread of the young woman's life now became tangled with the tragedy of the missing women.
Adopted at about age three, she discovered a family she never knew existed.
``She actually found us because when all this came about I guess they went and found her to get her DNA,'' said Carrie Kerr, Hallmark's younger sister and George's aunt.
``That's when she found out that her natural mother was one of these missing women and she sought us out.''
George is not comfortable talking about it all.
``It's taken me a lot to get past that and I'd rather not revisit it if I don't need to,'' she said.
Helen Hallmark was born in Vancouver in 1966, the eldest of three children her mother had with different fathers. There would be a stepsister, too.
Carrie Kerr, seven years younger, said there was ``a lot of abuse in different forms'' at home, aimed mostly at Helen and her and their brother Shawn, the middle child.
Shawn Hallmark blamed much of the violence on their mother's companion at the time, who is now dead.
``She (Helen) really took the brunt of a lot of stuff to protect us from being abused in the same ways,'' Kerr recalled. ``She really took on the role of guardian for my brother and I and really tried to protect us as kids.''
Their mother, Kathleen McClelland, said Helen was simply a teenage rebel who didn't like being told she couldn't go clubbing and partying with older teens.
She sighed wearily at the suggestion there might have been physical confrontations.
``Oh, I don't know,'' she said. `` I don't really remember too much of any of that. No, I don't think so.''
Shawn Hallmark also thinks Helen was reacting to their mother's own problems