Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 21ft Eliminator daytona setup

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    Is your shoe tapperd back or forward??? You should be running a back cut shoe. Make your opening no more than 12.5 inches from the front mount of the loader to the center of the bitting edge of the shoe. You may need a bigger shoe. The back cut should be around 2.5 to 3 degrees to the keel of the boat. Once you have this done set the bitting edge of the shoe flush with the keel for a starting point. Then drop it down a little bit at time & see if this helps pick the ass of the boat up? Also your ride plate should be in the neighborhood of 2.5 degrees up & this is a starting point as well. Check the depth on your loader. I have experimented with mine & ended up dropping it down along with my shoe. At the current I am running somewhere around 5/8 down below the keel on my shoe & close to the same on my loader. With the bigger boats if you can get an extension built for your droop this will help big time. I built an extension for mine that mounts between the bowl & the droop snoot. I have a few extras laying around somewhere. This gives you more leverage to pick the bow up after you start lifting the ass more. Sort of a teeter toter effect. When you extend the nozzel back it takes less angle to carry the bow & focuses the thrust in a forward direction.
    This is just my thought...
    I would listen to this guy!!!!!!!!!!! He has a fast 21ft eliminator!!!! He will NOT steer you wrong
    _Spitter

Rondane
    I would listen to this guy!!!!!!!!!!! He has a fast 21ft eliminator!!!! He will NOT steer you wrong
    _Spitter
    na...he needs to replace everything in and around the pump and start over spitter. I figured i'd get that out of the way before the normal crowd comes in for the job. I like that "snoot" fix though. I never thought of an extension used in conjunction with a droop. Gives you the best of both worlds and a happy medium in the pocketbook. :idea: 40lbs of intake pressure is a little more than needed anyways on a boat like that i would think. He could sacrifice a little to pick up speed.
    rondane

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
    na...he needs to replace everything in and around the pump and start over spitter. I figured i'd get that out of the way before the normal crowd comes in for the job. I like that "snoot" fix though. I never thought of an extension used in conjunction with a droop. Gives you the best of both worlds and a happy medium in the pocketbook. :idea: 40lbs of intake pressure is a little more than needed anyways on a boat like that i would think. He could sacrifice a little to pick up speed.
    rondane
    You my friend are a fukking idiot......:yuk:

squirt
    Those 21s are big and heavy boats, after setup it just might take a little more HP to get you into tripple digits. Try swaping pulleys around if you motor can take the hit.
    Don

HotRod Sprint
    Call Timminator he had his running 104 + on the motor with a 400 squeeze just in case. 623-877-8553 Its all in pump setup from here with the numbers your motor is putting out.
    Rod

You my friend are a fukking idiot......:yuk:
    You know, I'm starting to warm up to him. Next thing you know I'm gonna invite him over so we can work on our scrapbooks together........

1968Droptop
    You know, I'm starting to warm up to him. Next thing you know I'm gonna invite him over so we can work on our scrapbooks together........
    Better hide the boob cup when that happens

lil man wayne
    Just hang a big outboard on it or a very good running 2.5 it will be faster than alot of jet driven big block powered 21s.Plus you will get better mpg and be breakdown free!!

wet77
    Just hang a big outboard on it or a very good running 2.5 it will be faster than alot of jet driven big block powered 21s.Plus you will get better mpg and be breakdown free!!
    Breakdown free huh:idea:
    I work with some guys that do the bassmaster tournements and they had nothing but grief last season, one fried a piston, another lost a lower unit.
    And go figure my BB powered Jetboat ran like a top all season long:sqeyes:
    Better MPG all depends how much you are on the throttle too, my buddies stratus bass boat gets the same milage as my 540
    Plus there is the awe factor when you go to the boat launch and you have a bass boat and a BB jet boat side by side, the jet with chrome headers sticking out the back and when you fire it up and here that motor roar:devil:
    Then you here the weed wacker start up on the outboard and ohh who is getting ready to cut there grass:sleeping:

lil man wayne
    Breakdown free huh:idea:
    Plus there is the awe factor when you go to the boat launch and you have a bass boat and a BB jet boat side by side, the jet with chrome headers sticking out the back and when you fire it up and here that motor roar:devil:
    Then you here the weed wacker start up on the outboard and ohh who is getting ready to cut there grass:sleeping:But remember the awe factor(or embarrasing factor)when the O/B bass boat passes the jet boat(the all show slo go jetboat)Might sound better than a whacker but wont be as fast.
    LMW tip of the day!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast