Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Long-deck Biesemeyer?

126driver
    OK, here's the boat in question: (and no funny remarks about the high-tech shop in the background, thank you )
    [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/953-3-03_Jeffs_boat_1.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/506/953-3-03_Jeffs_boat_2.jpg[/img]
    The deck from nose to the top edge of the dash measures 115.5", the boat is exactly 18' long not including the 10" plate. The rudder is offset an inch or two to the right and the strut has the water pickup machined into it.

GofastRacer
    Damn, wish I had all that HIGH TECH equipment in my shop!.. wink

76biesmeyer
    Nice shop!!The boat looks older than a 76 If you need any help let me know. I built my from the ground up!!

126driver
    76biesmeyer:
    Nice shop!!The boat looks older than a 76 If you need any help let me know. I built my from the ground up!! Yeah, thanks about the shop. Actually, he's just temporarily storing it at our construction yard. He thinks the boat is a '72 now, I have no clue where he got that idea. I can't find any numbers inside the boat or on the transom. It was probably laid up as a ski racer judging by the bracing under the deck, so maybe there never was an ID number...
    Thanks for the offer on help. We've built a boat or two also. wink

TX flat
    wow lost pictures, any way. your friends boat is new than mine ('72) looking where the deck comes together with the sides, my 72 has a real sharp edge and the deck is flat. where his is nice and rounded and the deck has a slop in it leading up center like jj's '75. if memory works i think jullians 3rd coldfire was like that and that would be around '74-'75. here is mine http://www.geocities.com/harvick_29@sbcglobal.net

SK48
    Scott, my buddy's 73 long deck looks just like the one at your shop. Much sharper corners than the later boats like yours.

126driver
    Thanks for the input guys. 76B, you say it looks older than your boat. I just got off of the phone with my buddy and he said the watercraft certificate says it's a 76, though that doesn't mean a great deal. I see what you mean about the cap TX flat; def. your boat has sharper edges. SK48, can you post a pic of your buddy's boat? Who knows, maybe it was laid up in 76 from an older mold.

76biesmeyer
    I will posts pics over weekend!! But I bet it is a 72 or 73 Look at the deck!!!

SK48
    Scott, look in this months Hot Boat the Red Rock coverage. Brad's boat is Rankins old K 555 boat in the center picture. Also I hate to tell everyone but in the new Arizona boat trader there is a long deck Biesemeyer complete for $ 3500.00
    If I were not doing alot of creative financing at work this month I'd buy it for spare parts (spare boat) I just really like the look of the older long deck boats.

1Bahnerjet
    A Biesemeyer Long Deck
    [img]http://www.***boat.net/image_center/data/500/431n-med.jpg[/img]
    ----------------
    Drive What You Own And Like What You Drive

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast