looking for pros and cons
    thanks

Big Kahunaa
    it's not a rhino

phebus
    Anyone own one
    looking for pros and cons
    thanks
    Pros drive Jeeps, Cons drive Rhinos There you have it.

Sigus
    Pros drive Jeeps, Cons drive Rhinos There you have it.
    Excellent

DelawareDave
    I had a Wrangler. Can't say I'm sorry that it's gone.

mrs.rvrluvr
    Got an 05 unlimited LLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVVVEEEEEEEE it. Not a race car but man we take it every where off road cant seem to get it stuck.

Froggystyle
    Pros: They are relatively inexpensive, hugely capable and readily available. You won't find any other 4WD vehicle on the market able to go where they go stock. With a few mods, they will literally go anywhere they can fit. They are iconic, fun and have a ton of character. With multiple top configurations, they make a great all-year round toy.
    Cons: They are cheaply made. Most of the factory Jeep parts are not particularly well constructed with exception of the drivetrain. Interior plastics fail quickly, exterior plastics (lots of it) fade and deteriorate quickly. They don't get particularly good mileage, and they are very small on the inside. With a soft top, they are extremely noisy... less so with a hard top, but still very noisy.
    More Pros: If you buy used, you probably won't lose any money on it. There is a world of aftermarket parts available to answer most of the above cons better than the factory ever could. The new Rubicon is truly the bomb. It has all of the big time wish list items checked off from the factory, with a warranty. ARB lockers, Dana 44's, 4:1 transfer case etc...
    More Cons: They are pretty much agricultural to drive everyday. GREAT third car, terrible only car.

phebus
    Good post Wes, and I definately agree that it makes a great second car, and not a daily driver if you drive the freeway at all. Due to the short wheelbase, you will find all the bumps and seams, and they tend to hobby horse on the freeway.

Larry
    Just
    Empty
    Every
    Pocket
    I had a '98 that I wore out, and I now have an '04 Unlimited as a daily driver... almost 60k miles in 2 years http://homepages.donobi.net/unionguy/
    Loads of fun, but perhaps not for everyone. Very well constructed IMO, the only failures I've had are self inflicted.... http://www.phatserver.net/~anon/Heldorado06/index.htm
    The Rubicon is a waste of money, again IMO....the front 44 is nothing more than a 30 with a 44 center section...zero benefit. The air lockers are not ARB's, and the rears are failing at a pretty high rate. Most guys are replacing them with ARB's The 4:1 t-case is sweet though...
    12 mpg blows
    Soft top is really not all that noisy
    I don't care much for the '07's, but I know a guy that went with Jeep to the Rubicon for a week of demonstration with the various press/magazine folks and he said it did quite well there in the stock configuration.

squirt'nmyload
    i miss my old one everyday

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast