Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jeep Wrangler

Kilrtoy
    Pros drive Jeeps, Cons drive Rhinos There you have it.
    That is the best one yet

2Driver
    love them all, did various lifts and extras to each
    If you are going to 4x4 spend a few bucks more and get a Rubicon hands down as Wes indicated.
    If not the Rubicon then get the TJ with a Dana 44 axle with the 4:10 gears or worse case Dana 44 with 3:73 with trac-lock (their wording for posi). Research lifts as they are not all created equal. Tera-flex is recommended by the chief design eng from Jeep.
    Expect poor performance on the highway and hills with anything over 32" tires unless you re-gear the axles. Room is always an issue.
    If I was to get another I would get the 2-door Rubicon unlimited which is the extended jeep 2-door. But that's me. Nothing beats four wheeling with no roof or doors, then being able to drive home in A/C with all (ok most) of your gear
    . For now I haven't found anything that beats my 1997 Landcruiser and that includes the Rubicon.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    You guys forgot to mention how lovely it is to drive a soft top in the rain. I've never been in one that didn't drip through the window/door and sometimes even the windshield. As someone else stated, fun for a third car, but I hated driving it everyday. Especially with carseats and babies.

squirt'nmyload
    Nothing beats four wheeling with no roof or doors,
    and the windshield down!!!!!

mbrown2
    As someone else stated, fun for a third car, but I hated driving it everyday.
    I agree with you on most jeeps....but just drove the JK Unlimited Sahara to Parker from the 805 and was so suprised how well it drove and how comfortable and spacious it was. To the point, I will be bummed when I lift it and trick it out, but I bought it knowing it would be a 3rd car for off road and weekend use.....this thing stock just drives amazingly smooth.

Hallett19
    The 4 door Rubicon makes my weiner hard...
    http://www.caranddriver.com/assets/i...1335084970.jpg

OCMerrill
    We have an unlimited. The longer wheelbase helps the ride.
    Would I want to drive it daily? Ummmmm NO.
    I can also add that with a 5" Lift, long arm suspension, and nice shocks it does ride pretty damn good. I run 35's and it drives real nice on the street. But it's primary function is to ride behind our MH and wheel with. Hence its 2 years old and only 4k in mileage. 80% of that on the trail somewhere.
    I have never owned a std wheelbase jeep but I have ridden in plenty. Its not that bad.
    Comparing to a Rhino or any other side x side:idea: I posted a thread a while back saying that jeeps are not the in thing around here. Turns out plenty of us have them. They are not the same type of vehicle so they are hard to compare.
    So...looks like both Jeeps and sxs's are in.
    Now one thing is for sure...there is a 99.9% chance you will not find a $20k paint job and bling galore on a jeep. Don't do it. Leave that stuff to the sxs's. It's a man law. I herd Burt say it

Sportin' Wood
    You guys forgot to mention how lovely it is to drive a soft top in the rain. I've never been in one that didn't drip through the window/door and sometimes even the windshield. As someone else stated, fun for a third car, but I hated driving it everyday. Especially with carseats and babies.
    Sissy!
    Wes said it best and too the tee. They seem to hold there value if you buy a good used one.

Focker
    thanks everyone

Snoseal
    I have a '01 W/Soft Top. I have had zero issues with the Soft Top and we live in the great NW. The Jeep is used as a third car and our tow vehicle/dingy, behind the Motorcoach. It can be towed four/flat..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast