Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Jeep Wrangler

Troy McClure
    So as I read the responses regarding the Rubicon and I understand the upgrades it comes with for rock climbing is it something I would need if I only want it for tame 4 wheeling. Is it worth the extra 5k to invest now for later use or on resale?
    I don't really know the answer to that. However, the 4:1 t-case, 4.10 gears the lockers and the bigger diffs. all seemed like a good deal for a few K more. To do those mods to a Sport would cost close to that although you would be able to pick and choose (I'm guessing) better/stronger parts.
    So far I've been able to go anywhere that my friend goes in his and he has a 4" lift and 33's. As a matter of fact, mine locked up easily went over a few places he did while he was spinning tires.
    As stated above if you're really interested in building a rig, buy an older one and build it up. If you're looking to buy one and start wheeling without a lot shop time, you can certainly do that with a Rubicon.
    Either way, more buttons and gizmos are always worth the money.

mbrown2
    So as I read the responses regarding the Rubicon and I understand the upgrades it comes with for rock climbing is it something I would need if I only want it for tame 4 wheeling. Is it worth the extra 5k to invest now for later use or on resale?
    If you are talking about an 06 or earlier TJ Rubi, I think it is worth it for the Rubi's lockers front/back, D44 front/back and 4 to 1 transfer case...these seperate add up pretty quick. On an 06 the price is not that dramatic and it comes with 16" rims with BFG Mud Terrains....basically you don't really need to touch or lift anything....so imo it is more then worth the 3k difference...
    Lockers (Arbs) 2K , D44 Front = 1K , 4 to 1 Teraflex kit 1K and you still need better tires on an X or Sahara to go wheeling so you are ahead financially from the start with the Rubi. With the sort of tame off roading you will be doing, just think you are ahead with the Rubi and resale will be better. However, an X or Sahara will probably suffice in the same tame offroading, tame is pretty generic, so I might be a little subjective.
    On an 07 Rubi....get in line...I had one ordered and it would have probably been March or April till it got here so I got a Sahara I will work with....Guys that had ordered Rubi's in October are still waiting...not but 1 or 2 in all of Cali, which Cali gets more Jeep allocation then all of Canada.
    Hope that helps.

WYRD
    How is the Auto Trany vs. the 6 speed in the newer models?

Focker
    Definitely Helps
    Thanks Everyone

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456