Thread: who knows BB Fords out there?

Q-ball
    My brother in law is building a 460 he got out of a 73' ( I think) lincoln. Anyways, the heads say DOVE-C on them and he says they are the shit!! So what makes a DOVE-C head so great?? Whats the cc of the combustion chambers??? Are they Fords best flowing stock heads besides the cobrajets?? EDUCATE ME PLEASE!!!!! Thanks

Hotcrusader76
    Q-ball:
    My brother in law is building a 460 he got out of a 73' ( I think) lincoln. Anyways, the heads say DOVE-C on them and he says they are the shit!! So what makes a DOVE-C head so great?? Whats the cc of the combustion chambers??? Are they Fords best flowing stock heads besides the cobrajets?? EDUCATE ME PLEASE!!!!! ThanksWe need casting numbers here...LOL....Some are great others are junk. If he can get the casting number off one of the heads then myself or someone can get the correct figures.
    Ty

Bajajet
    Well D0VE-C are casting numbers to the non FORD people out there! They are approx. 75cc heads. Different books spec different cc's but in that neighborhood. Positive stop rail rockers were stock.

D0VE-C as well as the C8VE- and the C9VE- heads have 75 cc chambers, 2.09" intake and 1.66" exhaust valve size. Port size is the same as all other iron pass. car heads thru the 70s. Exhaust ports have alot of strange lumps and bumps that need to be removed. The main reason most people want these heads is for the small combustion chamber [75cc] as oposed to the 91 or 94 cc heads. With a flat top piston, zero deck clearance and the 75cc closed chamber heads they will make app. 11.5 to 1 C/R that can run on pump 92 oct. gas. If you want to perk up these heads try cleaning out the exhaust port as much as you can, drop in a 2.19" intake valve and a 1.74" exhause valve, do the usual bowl work and a 4 or 5 angle valve job and back cut the intake valve [20-25 deg] The biggest shortcoming of these heads is the exhaust port, concentrate most of your port work here. For adjustable valve train you should spot face the rocker stud pedestials .250" and install BBC studs, I have gotten away with not cutting the stud base and used lash caps to get my rocker geometry correct.

Cantrip
    I was going to say talk to 058 or Mister460, or even 77Charger, he knows his sh!t

77charger
    my reason for them is the icreased comp ratio and eas to change to adj valve train.Use the arp big block chevy studs,8.67 trick flow push rods(hardened),bbc rocker arms,and ford motorsports guide plates.Oh another thing DO NOT USE THE STOCK ROCKERS FOR ANY CAM LARGER THAN STOCK!