Thread: Gears....left or right?

sawtooth
    I get the whole thing that one set will spin clockwise and the other set will spin counter clockwise and as long as you have the correct prop for the direction of gears alls good right. So is one set/style for a motor driven off the front/balancer and the other for a motor driven off the rear/flywheel? And which is which, clockwise - right hand, and counter clockwise - lefthand?

VD CRUISER
    When you drive off the flywheel you will need left hand gears and a left hand prop and it will turn counterclock wise. When driving off the balencer you need right hand gears and prop and it will turn clockwise.

Moneypitt
    When you drive off the flywheel you will need left hand gears and a left hand prop and it will turn counterclock wise. When driving off the balencer you need right hand gears and prop and it will turn clockwise.
    Crank drive:
    I think the gears are multi directional, either way. But the drive dogs must be left or right. And of course the prop. American engines turn clockwise when observed form the front. If your are looking at the boat from the back, the engine would be turning right to left.(over the top). The vdrive will reverse the rotation, so the prop shaft will be turning left to right over the top, RH.......
    Flywheel drive is the opposite from above.......MP

GofastRacer
    I've run left or right hand gears and no difference!..