Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what type of hull is this.

LakesOnly
    Here is the problem in California. If the boat has not been registered in 12 years, the registration has fallen out of the system. It can't be brought back to life. I once bought a boat that was 4 years behind in registration. It cost me $800 in fees to register.If that boat is not in the DMV system, it can be registered with the DMV after a grand total of 3 minutes at the counter. The trailer, however, will require CHP VIN verification and/or an ID number plate assigned before going to DMV.
    LO

101 boats laid up in 365 days is quite a feat, Daveo, let alone by the end of January like you noted. It is much more likely that what you is have the 1st (or 2nd) boat of that layup out of that mold for that year.
    I did not mean it was 101 out in that jan. I was thinking it was the total that was made however many years they were in bussines. Im not that dumb. But I see how you thought that. So I changed my wording.
    Is it worth trying to sell or should they scrap it?

Let me also add that it was not overgrown bushes it was a carport that got coverd with ivy. My cusins have lived there for 5+ years and had no clue it was there. The land lords son came by a couple of weeks ago and asked if he could get his boat. well long story short the son just past 3 days ago so his mother would like to sell it if she could. Like I said Ill try and run by next week and get some pics.

rrrr
    If that boat is not in the DMV system, it can be registered with the DMV after a grand total of 3 minutes at the counter. The trailer, however, will require CHP VIN verification and/or an ID number plate assigned before going to DMV.
    LO
    I have a black and yellow CA plate on my vdrive trailer. When I bought it, the last time it had been registered was '73. So I'm thinking.......:idea:
    Got out the heat gun and peeled off all of the stickers down to the first one.....1968. The boat is a '67, completed in Spring '68. It matches.
    So a Plano cop is running the trailer tag......Uh, officer, that one isn't going to come back valid.......
    Towed it all the way to Laughlin and back with that tag for CBBB 2004....no worries.

sc fab 1
    Kurtis Kraft. (http://www.uscgboating.org/recalls/m...il.aspx?id=FRK)
    it is a kurtis. true flat right? i can find out alot of information using this #. Arlen kurtis is my partner. Arlen and i restore his fathers ( Frank (FRK))sports cars from the 50's now, but he still has all of the records from his boat shop. if the hull is in good shape its worth something. so if the price is right, buy it!

it is a kurtis. true flat right? i can find out alot of information using this #. Arlen kurtis is my partner. Arlen and i restore his fathers ( Frank (FRK))sports cars from the 50's now, but he still has all of the records from his boat shop. if the hull is in good shape its worth something. so if the price is right, buy it!
    Oh I dont want it I was thinking I could find out what it was. If someone is interested Ill have some pics this week.

BA Kurtis
    when you get pictures make sure and take some of the inside, this might be a good find

johnmiller
    FRKKF1010176
    If Kurtis followed what most of us did when Coast Guard regulations started requiring hull numbers to be 12 characters in length and the first 3 are required to be the designated company FRK the next 2 would describe the model KF (could be Kurtis Flat), the next 3 101 would be the 101st of that model built, then the date of manufacture 01 76.

FRKKF1010176
    If Kurtis followed what most of us did when Coast Guard regulations started requiring hull numbers to be 12 characters in length and the first 3 are required to be the designated company FRK the next 2 would describe the model KF (could be Kurtis Flat), the next 3 101 would be the 101st of that model built, then the date of manufacture 01 76.
    Thats what I was thinking.

when you get pictures make sure and take some of the inside, this might be a good find
    I will sometime this week..Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast