Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Train Horns - what and where to buy??

cdog
    I put the viair system on my truck with a constant 150 psi. It was a bitch to run all the plumbing and find room for the air tank. They put all the bungs in the wrong place seeming how you want to hide the tank under the bed. Air horn is next. Ebay seems to have some of the best deals out there. But don't waist your money unless you do a good pump and tank system.

Baja Big Dog
    I put the viair system on my truck with a constant 150 psi. It was a bitch to run all the plumbing and find room for the air tank. They put all the bungs in the wrong place seeming how you want to hide the tank under the bed. Air horn is next. Ebay seems to have some of the best deals out there. But don't waist your money unless you do a good pump and tank system.
    And dont believe the bull that the guys on Ebay say about how easy it is to mount, make sure you have alot of room!!! These horns are big! IE short bet f250 is a real nightmare to mount.

Kachina26
    Who said anything about that?? I'm a railroad engineer........those things are too loud for the streets, and you boners wanna put them in your trucks?? Stupid, just stupid....
    Oh, and fock you and your boat....
    Grumpy assed hoggers! That'll do.

STV_Keith
    I ended up going with an Air-Zenith pump. 200psi, 2.65cfm free flow. It's a little more money than the Viair pumps, but moves more CFM. I am also plumbing my system to run an air gun for those pesky trailer/truck flats.

dumbandyoung
    I've always wanted to put one in my truck. Are they illegal?

Beer-30
    27000. (a) A motor vehicle, when operated upon a highway, shall be equipped with a horn in good working order and capable of emitting sound audible under normal conditions from a distance of not less than 200 feet, but no horn shall emit an unreasonably loud or harsh sound. An authorized emergency vehicle may be equipped with, and use in conjunction with the siren on that vehicle, an air horn that emits sounds that do not comply with the requirements of this section.
    27001. (a) The driver of a motor vehicle when reasonably necessary to insure safe operation shall give audible warning with his horn.
    (b) The horn shall not otherwise be used, except as a theft alarm system which operates as specified in Article 13 (commencing with Section 28085) of this chapter.

mrs.rvrluvr
    Who said anything about that?? I'm a railroad engineer........those things are too loud for the streets, and you boners wanna put them in your trucks?? Stupid, just stupid....
    Hubby has 2 sets of super typhones on the peterbilt and one set of nathans on the trailer (just in case you didn't hear him comeing). He would love to toot them for ya

Jbb
    I love the deep train sounding horns......
    I put one of these in my truck........sounds range from an angry bull.....to a lovesick cow.....
    Moooooo (http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/S...1&sku=cow+horn)

boatsnblondes
    They are illegal as all hell....add to the fact that they scare the living SHIT out of people who are not expecting them, and you also are libel for the results. Yes, you can and SHOULD be sued for whatever happens. I can just imagine one of you losers running out to the river, you come up on a car doing 55-, maybe 60, and you lay into that thing....turns out its grandma and grandpa heading out to visit the grandkids for the weekend..but you can't tell the difff.....so you light them up with your horn...you startle the old man so bad he loses control of the car, rolles it a few times, kills them both. Good for you , dipshit. this whole thing of putting them on cars and trucks has GOT to be cracked down on, you LE guys listening?? Train horns are not toys, but using them for your fun is just as dumb as it gets.....

riverbound
    You're an angineer??... congratulations, you want a metal or a plaque??
    no thanks, you arent mine or my boats type

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast