Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flatbottom-friendly in western MA.?

BWB
    Anyone know of good places on the CT. river near Northampton/Springfield; or on the Hudson near Albany, NY?

MOISTURE MISSLE
    I Run My Tahiti Jet With Open Bassetts On The Merrimack River In Lowell Ma. Every Weekend All Summer, No Problems!!!

pancho
    just coming in to say hi,i have a stevens flat and another member who goes by
    leadsledmerc also has one.both of these boats are new to us and this will be our first summer also,we would also like to know of some good water out here,we are both loated near cape canal but willing to tow on weekends

pancho
    quick pic

BWB
    If anyone is interested, we should plan a meet this summer. I own a boat restoration shop in Pittsfield, MA and we have a Frahs and a Kachina jet boat we are restoring. We are trying to get this area a little more interested in v-drives and jet boats, and will be buying a few more from the other coast this spring to offer of sale - at reasonable prices. We would really like to build some new wooden and composite hulls, but figure the best way to do it is to introduce the public to successful fiberglass designs first.
    There are a couple of really experienced v-drive "retired" racers in the northeast that we could probably twist their arms and drag them out for a weekend - teach some of us newbees how to use a v-drive.
    Just a thought.

kmenard
    I am hoping to have my jet running again this summer...
    Do you actually work on jets out there?

snake321
    If anyone is interested, we should plan a meet this summer. I own a boat restoration shop in Pittsfield, MA and we have a Frahs and a Kachina jet boat we are restoring. We are trying to get this area a little more interested in v-drives and jet boats, and will be buying a few more from the other coast this spring to offer of sale - at reasonable prices. We would really like to build some new wooden and composite hulls, but figure the best way to do it is to introduce the public to successful fiberglass designs first.
    There are a couple of really experienced v-drive "retired" racers in the northeast that we could probably twist their arms and drag them out for a weekend - teach some of us newbees how to use a v-drive.
    Just a thought.
    great idea
    we'll meet in CT.

BWB
    We are working on jets and v-drive stuff. Hull, wiring, insturments and mechanical work. At the moment, we are sending most of the major drive components out to be serviced, but that will change by summer. As we get more work through the shop, our contacts improve and we are able to work with better suppliers.
    I am not fishing for work - we are really busy with our antique boat restorations. If you want to call us for info, contacts, have a question you need answered, want us to take a look at a boat problem - no problem and no charge.
    If you want us to do the work for you- we can talk about that!
    Berkshire Wooden Boat
    413-212-9490

pancho
    i am out of town right now,will call when i return,need a few things done

blown428fe
    great idea
    we'll meet in CT.
    You better get your ass in gear.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast