Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Flatbottom-friendly in western MA.?

BWB
    Buddy does nice engine work, but $$$$. I didn't know that he has opened a shop, outside of his garage.
    We frequently ran a loud Chris Craft 16' speedster with a 283 and very short pipes the year before last and didn't have any problems. We did gather a crowd on the shore to watch us.
    We will have the local EPO in our shop for inspections and I am going to try and nail him down about what the limits are. He loves hot boats and really doesn't get off on busting people for a little noise - but when he gets more than one call from our high profile summer residents...it's his job. There are times I feel bad for him - some of these poeple can be way bigger d*ckheads to him than he is to us. I know first hand, some of them our my clients!

burbanite
    After a journey South of approximately two hours you can be on Lake Lillinonah, just outside of Danbury. I hear rumors that the fast, loud boats go there and aren't bothered too much.

TJS
    After a journey South of approximately two hours you can be on Lake Lillinonah, just outside of Danbury. I hear rumors that the fast, loud boats go there and aren't bothered too much.
    Lake Lillinonah is nice. I have boated there a while back with my buddy. Lake Zoar(directly below Lillinonah) and Lillinonah have speed limits and cops with radar guns. However, they work from 8 am to 5 pm. I have found after 5 pm in the Summer the big boys come out to play on Zoar.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com

burbanite
    Lake Lillinonah is nice. I have boated there a while back with my buddy. Lake Zoar(directly below Lillinonah) and Lillinonah have speed limits and cops with radar guns. However, they work from 8 am to 5 pm. I have found after 5 pm in the Summer the big boys come out to play on Zoar.
    T.J.
    www.tjsperformance.com
    Good info, I'm new around here so my input is without first hand knowledge so far. I live on Candlewood but don't have a boat anymore, not that the one I had would have done me any good anyway...

DaveA
    Good info, I'm new around here so my input is without first hand knowledge so far. I live on Candlewood but don't have a boat anymore, not that the one I had would have done me any good anyway...
    Hey Burbanite,
    Weren't you in Indy for a while w/Team Green or somebody? Just wondering. I thought you had a flattie or interests in them, but hadn't seen you around in a while...What took you to CT?
    Regards,
    DaveA

burbanite
    Hey Burbanite,
    Weren't you in Indy for a while w/Team Green or somebody? Just wondering. I thought you had a flattie or interests in them, but hadn't seen you around in a while...What took you to CT?
    Regards,
    DaveA
    Yes sir, I was with Ganassi for a long time. Moved here in early Feb, now Crew Chief at http://www.highcroftracing.com/
    Had a Sanger Hydro but sold it to a guy in Florida who was powering it with a Hemi, now boatless....

TJS
    Where is Highcroft in CT. I heard of Lee Chapman in New Milford.
    T.J.

burbanite
    Where is Highcroft in CT. I heard of Lee Chapman in New Milford.
    T.J.
    Next to Danbury airport. I live on Candlewood Isle in New Fairfield, other side of the lake from New Milford.

burbanite
    T.J.,
    how is your project coming along? This thread may have more of a direct impact on me now, if things go well I should have a rocketship out here in the near future..

TJS
    I got the sub-floor all done this weekend (pics) and also drilled and tapped holes for the driveline protector. I got the protector on e-bay.
    I just got fenders for my trailer and I am waiting for the new rims and tires to arrive. I built a cradle for the boat so I can work on the trailer. I hope to have this thing in the water by mid-June.
    T.J.
    http://www.tjsperformance.com/images/sub_floor01.jpg
    http://www.tjsperformance.com/images/sub_floor02.jpg
    http://www.tjsperformance.com/images/sub_floor03.jpg
    http://www.tjsperformance.com/images/bell_housing01.jpg

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast