Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your opion?

dexman
    I bought my 16 year old son a jeep for his birthday.One of the conditions was that he maintains at least a c average? In my opion that is not asking much.I told him if gota D or Fail i would sale the jeep. Well he got a D AND FAIL. I have told him the jeep goes up for sale. Little history my son is a good kid he does not mind working, ( works at Wendys) he does not do drugs ( that I know of) not a gang banger. Grades are his down fall? He is smart when he applies himself. His grades at the 10 week where all passing but WHAT THE F HAPPEN IN TEN WEEKS. He was to get his Drivers licence on the 19th of the month. Help me give me your opion the truth What should I do. My friends and hot boat shrinks? LoL

Daytona100
    I wouldn't,t sell it but I would yank the keys until his grades go up.Make him walk until his report card looks good. Not sure about your school district but I can look up my daughters grades and progress on line. Eliminates the surprise when you get there report card. Good luck.

RitcheyRch
    Someone else on the forum was going through this same issue. I dont remember what the outcome of that was.

Mr. C
    guess i'm a little tougher on my daughter, if she doesn't get B's or better
    she doesn't drive. Mainly for the good grade discount on the insurance.
    I agree don't sell it, but make him earn back. Prove he deserves it.
    Good Luck

Devil's Advocate
    Someone else on the forum was going through this same issue. I dont remember what the outcome of that was.
    It was No Name. His boy is in college and was getting into some trouble. He's kicking ass now, but the truck is still not his until the summer.
    I say be a little tougher and place those expectations a little higher. Real life is like this and the kid will be a better kid for it in the long run. Yank the privileges (because it is a privilege to drive, not a right) and make him show that he deserves it and is working hard to get his act together. Best of luck to you...

Jbb
    It was No Name. His boy is in college and was getting into some trouble. He's kicking ass now, but the truck is still not his until the summer.
    I say be a little tougher and place those expectations a little higher. Real life is like this and the kid will be a better kid for it in the long run. Yank the privileges (because it is a privilege to drive, not a right) and make him show that he deserves it and is working hard to get his act together. Best of luck to you...
    Excellent advice......

dexman
    gtyty

I bought my 16 year old son a jeep for his birthday.One of the conditions was that he maintains at least a c average? In my opion that is not asking much.I told him if gota D or Fail i would sale the jeep. Well he got a D AND FAIL. I have told him the jeep goes up for sale. Little history my son is a good kid he does not mind working, ( works at Wendys) he does not do drugs ( that I know of) not a gang banger. Grades are his down fall? He is smart when he applies himself. His grades at the 10 week where all passing but WHAT THE F HAPPEN IN TEN WEEKS. He was to get his Drivers licence on the 19th of the month. Help me give me your opion the truth What should I do. My friends and hot boat shrinks? LoL
    I think you should challenge him to a Spelling Bee. If he can take you then you give him the Jeep back. I'm pulling for him! Good luck

Jordy
    I think you should challenge him to a Spelling Bee. If he can take you then you give him the Jeep back. I'm pulling for him! Good luck
    I figured it was only a matter of time and I didn't want to be the one to suggest it.

Devil's Advocate
    I figured it was only a matter of time and I didn't want to be the one to suggest it.
    Right there being wing man though aren't you?

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast