Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW Exhaust Tips / Flappers

Dana Marine Products
    After using tips from various manufacturers over the years, we came up with what we thought to be a great idea, so we've built it, tested it, and they work, and they work really good. Here's a line up of of new tips, custom tips are also easily available,
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1170393728
    The key to the Dana tips is our new flap assembly. For starters, this flap assembly is easily removed from the outside of the boat. That's right, no more removing your exhaust tips to change burned out, broken out, or noise making flappers. A simple concept, made into a durable part that really works.
    2nd - The first true noiseless stainless flap assembly. That's right, no more rattling or clanking, or thumping. A real noiseless flap assembly.
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1170394029
    There's several issues with exhaust flappers that have been ignored for years. One major problem is that most don't last that long. Whether they burn out or break out, they're just not built for longevity. The 2nd major problem with most metal type flappers is the aggravating noise levels, you shouldn't think that you've spun a rod bearing in your engine because of flapper noise.
    The removal of an exhaust tip to fix a broken flapper is simply a pain. The tip never fails, it's the most durable part on the boat. It's job is simple, pass exhaust thru the hull. So why remove them? There's simply no need to potentially damage the boat or fight to get tips out. We've eliminated that problem with the new DMP tips and flapper assembly. Even if a flapper failure should occur, it's a simple 2 minute replacement. Look at how simple this is,
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1170394459
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1170394501
    http://www.***boat.com/forums/attach...1&d=1170394552
    Exhaust flappers are a commonly over looked part that plays an extremely important role in the security of your engine. After reviewing all other existing brands we've compiled some important questions that apply to exhaust tips.
    1. Do your tips/flappers make a clanking or thumping noise?
    2. Is your flapper constructed to be durable and offer a long life?
    3. Do you warranty your flappers?
    4. Do I need to remove my tips or my exhaust hose to change the flapper?
    The new Dana Marine Exhaust Flappers exceed the above questions. A finer flapper simply does not exist.
    We will be selling our flapper carriage assemblies separately as well as in our new exhaust tip line. Dana Flap assemblies will carry a limited lifetime warranty. The flap assemblies will fit in 90 percent of 4" tips that are in the market. Slight modifications are also easily performed if necessary.
    They will be on display at the LA Boat Show.
    As always, if anyone has any questions, feel free to let me know.

jbone
    Looks like a great concept.
    My last flappers burned out and I refused to replace them again. With this, I think I'll do it.
    Did I miss the price???
    J

Dana Marine Products
    Flapper carraiges will be 49.95 each. The beautful thing about these units are, even if a flap failed (which is extremely unlikley) the carraige is still good. We simply throw you a new flap, and you're off.
    One additional quick note: These flappers have undergone over 18 months of test time. It's not just a written concept, we have driven these things for countless hours and I am proud to stand behind them. We've ran them on 900 plus HP down to stock 496's. All with the same results, quiet, reliable, and durable.
    Once more - Dana Marine Products is on the cutting edge of product developement and manufacturing. Setting new standards for the marine industry.

RiverDave
    Do you sell the tips as well like the ones pictuered in the first post? How much?
    RD

Dana Marine Products
    Hey Dave, we have a complete line of tips. Customs also available. Straight cut tips start @ 89.00 ea with the flap assembly. Tips can also be purchase w/ no flap if desired.

dumbandyoung
    Great Idea!

MKEELINE
    Are these for 4" tips only?

Dana Marine Products
    Yeah - 4" Only

BarryMac
    I don't know how big the exhaust holes are in tha back of my boat, is 4" pretty common? I like the idea of the slant cut tips with flapper, much better looking then the black rubber ones on there now...

phebus
    I don't know how big the exhaust holes are in tha back of my boat, is 4" pretty common? I like the idea of the slant cut tips with flapper, much better looking then the black rubber ones on there now...
    I bet you have flappers inside, as well as the black flappers out. Mercury requires secondary protection for warranty issues.
    Dana, what are the specs on the new assemblies as far as total length. I like them, but don't know if the tips I have now will accomadate them.
    Also, do you just cut the shaft out of tips with flappers to allow the new assemblies to go in?
    One more question, do the bolts that hold the new units in the tips recess to allow the use of the black rubber external flappers to be used as well?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast