Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW Exhaust Tips / Flappers

Dana Marine Products
    The flapper in the open position requires 5" of depth clearance. The tweo little button head bolts that hold it in still allow for the install of the clamp on flapper. The method in which to remove the old flaps will depend on which ones they are. The rubber butterfly style are held in with a bronze bushing at top and bottom. To get them completely out, you would need to pull the exhaust hose back inside the boat. If you have the clanky metal flappers, you can just cut the flap out. Usually a sazall with a long thin blade. If you have just the pins left with no flappers on them you can leave them in. As long as it does not interfere with the new flapper, they're not harming anything.

BarryMac
    I bet you have flappers inside, as well as the black flappers out. Mercury requires secondary protection for warranty issues.
    Dana, what are the specs on the new assemblies as far as total length. I like them, but don't know if the tips I have now will accomadate them.
    Also, do you just cut the shaft out of tips with flappers to allow the new assemblies to go in?
    One more question, do the bolts that hold the new units in the tips recess to allow the use of the black rubber external flappers to be used as well?
    That's exactly what I have, they're pretty ugly, I want to replace them with the SS Tips that Dana shows here, not sure if I would need to make the holes bigger for them to fit or if they are the same size as the holes that are already in the boat?

Dana Marine Products
    If the picture in your post is your boat, there's a 99 percent chance that you have 4" tips now. So they would be the same size our the DMP tips. 4" exhaust tips have been standard for over 15 years.

BarryMac
    If the picture in your post is your boat, there's a 99 percent chance that you have 4" tips now. So they would be the same size our the DMP tips. 4" exhaust tips have been standard for over 15 years.
    Yeap, that's mine, 2001 Carrera 202XR Squirt Boat, so the price for the Slant cut tips with the flappers would be? Thanks

Dana Marine Products
    $250.00 set

Tons of Fun
    Just wanted to say thanks for the new flapper assemblies. They work awesome and were super easy to install. This is truley a great innovation. You guys always pull through with great customer service and products.
    Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krumbsnatcher
    i have the internal flappers by another MFG and they cause a rattle that is scary, to an untrained ear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12