Thread: Agree or Disagree?

ratso

photo chick
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16975112...15773?GT1=9033
    Well, I don't think it's right to mandate girls get the vaccine. I hope Perry doesn't have stock in Merck. If it were a disease, which was spreadable, I may understand but, this is a totally different thing.... I don't know the stats of how many are dieing of this type of cancer but it seems it should be up to the parents!
    What do you think Ratso?

ratso
    Well, I don't think it's right to mandate girls get the vaccine. I hope Perry doesn't have stock in Merck. If it were a disease, which was spreadable, I may understand but, this is a totally different thing.... I don't know the stats of how many are dieing of this type of cancer but it seems it should be up to the parents!
    What do you think Ratso?
    Too much government I think...

My Man's Sportin' Wood
    Since there seems to be an epidemic of HPV in the Murrieta/Temecula area, I am for it. Not sure how I feel about the government forcing it on us, but they already force us to get polio, hepatitis and other vaccinations for school age children. Is this any different? What does it hurt for the kids to have it? I'm going to have my daughter get it, after a discussion about it. If she says no, I won't make her, though. She's old enough to decide something like that, IMO. Again, I'm not sure if I want the government saying it has to be done. However, they can say that insurance companies have to pay for it if we want it.
    I haven't heard this mentioned recently, but isn't this the virus that causes Clamydia? (sp) and it is the Clamydia that can cause the cervical cancer?

ratso
    Since there seems to be an epidemic of HPV in the Murrieta/Temecula area, I am for it. Not sure how I feel about the government forcing it on us, but they already force us to get polio, hepatitis and other vaccinations for school age children. Is this any different? What does it hurt for the kids to have it? I'm going to have my daughter get it, after a discussion about it. If she says no, I won't make her, though. She's old enough to decide something like that, IMO. Again, I'm not sure if I want the government saying it has to be done. However, they can say that insurance companies have to pay for it if we want it.
    I haven't heard this mentioned recently, but isn't this the virus that causes Clamydia? (sp) and it is the Clamydia that can cause the cervical cancer?
    Chlamydia or Chlamidia (seen it spelled both ways) can be treated with antibiotics. It can lead to Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, but not sure about a connection to Cervical Cancer.
    It should be offered by government, but not forced I feel... As it stands, you can opt out. I guess it's only in Texas right now as a "requirement" by the government. I don't have a daughter, but knowing what I know, I'd probably have her get the shot.

Boatcop
    HPV is pretty much at epidemic levels these days. HPV can lead to cervical cancer and other problems for girls/women.
    The Govt already requires MMR (Measles,mumps, rubella), Polio (do they still do that?) among other required vaccinations.
    A couple of shots is a small price to pay, when compared to the costs (in $$ and lives) associated with treating the diseases that could transpire without them.

ratso
    I figure the only ones against it would be from a moral standpoint...

photo chick
    I figure the only ones against it would be from a moral standpoint...
    I don't have kids so I don't need to worry about it, just don't agree with the government in TX mandating it!

YeLLowBoaT
    my understand is that 90% of cervical cancers are cuased by HPV... I'm failing to see what the prob is with this. We have a chance to wipe out 90% of all cervical cancers in the next generation. I am in favor of the mandate... its not the 1st time they have made every one in school get a shot, it won't be the last.

Baja Big Dog
    HPV is pretty much at epidemic levels these days. HPV can lead to cervical cancer and other problems for girls/women.
    The Govt already requires MMR (Measles,mumps, rubella), Polio (do they still do that?) among other required vaccinations.
    A couple of shots is a small price to pay, when compared to the costs (in $$ and lives) associated with treating the diseases that could transpire without them.
    You hit this one on the head, dont try something different even if its for the good, any change is un-acceptable!!!
    People crack my shit up!!!