Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Towed boat

Southwest47
    Well I swore I would never tow a boat because I was told it is detrimental to your boat!
    This weekend while at Elsinore, I had a dead battery due to a long stint parked in the driveway. Some guy saved my day by jumping my boat, making my day a successful test run...for the summer months.
    Anyway, while making my last run before heading in for the day, I noticed the same boater was floating in the center of the lake working on his engine. I quickly flipped a bitch and rendered assistance. Turns out, he was having engine problems too, more specifically, carburetor problems. So without hesitation, I offered to tow him to dock, which I swore I would never do.
    The point of this post is that you never know what karma may bring you. He did a solid for me, so my only option was to return the favor (quid pro quo).
    Whoever you were...thanks again for the jump!!

DMOORE
    Pass it forward my friend. It will come back tenfold.
    Darrell.

squirt'nmyload
    Pass it forward my friend. It will come back tenfold.
    Darrell.
    yes it will....i just gave a guy a jump last weekend at the docks, although i second guessed the deed cause it was a plow boat ....he had the wife, kids and dog all loaded up and ready, then....click, click, click.......i pulled the battery out of my boat and gave it to him to use....the smiles on the kids faces were worth it!!!

HocusPocus
    i have never turned away from another boater in trouble. i have even gone out of my way to check on a boat i thought was in trouble.. turns out they were just trying to flag down a friend shooting by at high speed.

77charger
    Have towed others and been towed myself.

Jetaholic
    I always thought it was an unspoken rule to tow someone in or give a jump to whoever needed it on the water...

Tom Brown
    I've worn out a few tow ropes in my day... on both ends.

QuickJet
    I've been towed by a 32 ft cat, a jet ski and few in between.

KineticoH20
    Just curious, why would you swear to never help a boater out by towing them before?

RitcheyRch
    Good job. Always good to help out a fellow boater regardless of what type of boat he or she is in.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast